Last update before he’s two! He has changed SO much since last month!
- He’s had a huge growth spurt I weighed him at the end of August and he was just shy of 30 lbs and I know he’s gained since then!
- Wears almost all 3T shirts and jammies now, except one-piece Carter’s fleece in 2T for a little while longer and 2T pants
- Size 7 shoes
- Cannot wear cloth diapers anymore, they leave deep red marks on his legs on the biggest setting so he’s been in size 5 disposables for a month now…but…(stay tuned below!)
- Still toddler eating. Some days he eats like a horse and will eat a bigger than man-size portion of breakfast, rarely eats much lunch and supper is hit or miss
- Loves bananas and granola bars for snacks and if he won’t eat Kraft Dinner, there’s a problem!
- 7-6:45 give or take. The odd time he sleeps past 7 and once last month until 8:15
- Just starting the “if I nap too long in the afternoon I’ll stay up an hour past my bedtime” routine and still wake up on the early side
- Naps 1-4 but I am trying to get him down around 12:30 so he doesn’t nap too late in the day
- Speech explosion! Finally says please consistently after a 45 minute battle of wills that I won
- New words: crackers, Abby, Steve, GG (my grandma), cheese, many more that my brain can’t think of right now.
- He calls me Mom now because Braden does and it’s darn cute!
- He will get my attention, hold out his hand and come guide me to whatever it is he wants to show me
- Went to the Calgary Zoo for the first time and loved it, very attentive to all the animals
- Follows directions very well for his age, getting better and better every day
- Got into “trouble” when he climbed onto his bathroom counter, turned on the water (very hot, I might add) and started throwing Kleenex in the sink. This happened in a time frame of 5 minutes of me blow-drying my hair 🙁 Luckily he wasn’t hurt and I know to keep a closer watch on this can-be trouble-maker!
- Trying to imitate singing, can “sing-a-long” (I use this term loosely!) to the clean up song and Twinkle Twinkle
- Just learned to say “cheese!” for pictures when I took these! He was so eager for these pics, he hopped right up on the chair!
Just like I said last month, you are ready to be potty trained Toddler Man, and we start TOMORROW! I’m excited…anxious…nervous all at the same time. I think once it “clicks” and you get it…you’ll be a rock star because you LOVE to please and get so excited when we’re excited for you! Well, I think it should click with #1 anyway…#2 will be a crap shoot (literally, I’m sure!).
You really are our little Brutus and quite a tank! You are starting to beat up on Braden and unfortunately think that pushing him is funny, when it certainly is not. We’re trying hard to teach you that aggressive acts, even when you’re not aggressive, is not acceptable. You love to sit on your brother…torture him, essentially…so you’re learning to be quite the little brother and filling that role well (I can say this as a big sister!).
We went to Poppy’s and saw my family for the first time all year pretty much and you sure loved seeing them! You really bonded with Uncle Ben giving him kiss upon kiss upon kiss and doing bum drops on his chest. You can say cousin Abby’s name, but you call her “Babby”, it’s pretty cute, and you also have a fondness for Clara, it’s like you suddenly discovered she was “there” and you give her hugs and lean down and say “baby, baby!”. As much as a younger sibling for you is not on my mind right now, I just know you’d be an awesome big brother!