The big T-W-O! At 0759 this morning…my baby, who is now well into toddlerhood, turned 2. I am not even in the least bit sad. I don’t know why but I’m so excited for him, not that it really means anything to him at this point!
New Braden things:
- New words:
- He can pretty much name off every Thomas character. I won’t bore you with all the names
- Craig (“Kee” or “Keeg”)
- That little stinker could say Grandma and Laura when he was just over 1 year old, but he REFUSES to even try! Sorry ladies!
- Potty learning: He peed on the potty for the first time 10 days ago! Then he did it the next day, and he wanted to go so bad later that afternoon he even squeezed out a few drops. Nothing since, but that’s okay. Just trying to make it casual and be fun. Still farts a lot on the potty too! hehe!
- Clothes: Wearing 18-24 month pants which fit perfectly still & size 24m/2T shirts but the t-shirts are starting to get snug. Now wears 3T one piece sleepers! I imagine size 6 shoes will fit him for awhile.
- Sleeping: No change here! Bed at 7 PM up at 7:30-8:30 AM, usually closer to 13 hours sleep total.
- Naps: from 1-3. Once a week or so he has a 3 hour nap to catch up a bit…I love 3 hour nap days! Still haven’t used a pillow for him yet, he’s a tummy sleeper anyway!
- Eating: Still eats most at breakfast, usually just snacks at lunch before his nap, and has been eating so/so at supper. Jay and I have been enforcing the “one more bite” rule, and he listens every time and he’s getting much faster at just eating that last darn bite so he can be “ALL DONE!” He’s not really very keen on feeding himself…he’ll do finger foods of course, but when he spoon feeds himself…he flips the spoon over as he’s putting it in his mouth…oops!
- Teeth: He has the last incisor, now and he’s off and on teething those molars, poor guy. Still loves to brush his teeth!
He asks to have his bum changed sometimes, in Maui he would tell us “change bum” and crawl up on the bed to have his diaper changed & will lift up his bum for diaper changes. When asked what he wants to eat he says “nom nom”. Yes, Braden…what nom noms?…..”nom nom!” Cute!
Starting tomorrow night…no more soother. For some silly reason this actually kind of makes me sad for him. He didn’t really use it at all in Maui, but he really likes it at home. But I do feel that it’s best to do it now…he won’t have it forever anyway!