So there are many many pregnant bloggers out there amongst me. Many, who are due within a few weeks of me too, so there have been a lot of “gender reveal” posts going on. They make me a bit jealous, I wish I could be introducing you to “Baby Boy #2 Schultz” or “Baby Girl Schultz”…but at the same time, I’m very content and happy with having our second pregnancy be a surprise too. It will even be a bigger surprise because from day 1, I literally knew Braden was a boy. I would have been shocked beyond belief if I had birthed a girl! This time? It’s truly going to be a surprise. I still have the girl vibes…but not nearly as strong as the boy vibes I had with Braden.
Since I don’t get to give my readers a gender reveal post…I thought I’d do a gender predictions post to see what the Chinese and the old wives tales have to say!
Chinese Prediction #1:
Chinese prediction #2:
Then there’s the old wives tales… I will highlight blue or pink depending on what is truth for me.
• your baby’s heartbeat is higher than 140 beats per minute
• you’re carrying all out front (for now anyway!)
• you’re carrying low/high - the verdict is still out on this one…sometimes I feel higher, sometimes lower!
• you suffered from morning sickness in your first trimester♠♠
• you crave salty food or protein, such as cheese and meat - but I also crave sweet at times too
• your feet become cold more quickly than before you were pregnant – they’re the same, always cold
• your skin becomes dry- but it didn’t with Braden
• you combine your age at the time of conception with the number of the month you conceived and the resulting number is even
• your hair thinner and dull
• you are more moody
• you’re asked to show your hands and you present them palms up
• you lie on your right side when sleeping - but I always do….
• you eat a clove of garlic and the smell seeps out of your pores – uhhh….not sure on this one!
• your previous child’s first word was “dada” - don’t they all say that first?
So I guess that’s 6 for girl and 5 for boy at this time.
You can also put your vote in on the little poll I’ve got going on on the sidebar over there ——> And another super fun thing about not knowing the gender is that it makes baby pools SO much fun! Keep your eyes peeled, I’ll post a baby pool for this one probably around 36 weeks!