::blink:: He’s 2! Just like that, our last baby is 2! Even if he’s been 2 for weeks, because his mom has been too busy in the garden to sit down and write this blog post! I did get to weigh him right before he turned 2 and he is 33 lbs 13 oz, so I’m very certain he is 34 lbs or more now and he’s sure a tall guy that I can’t measure because he’s too squirmy!
- Almost all of his shirts are 3T and he’s almost outgrowing 3T pajamas because his feet are so big!
- 2T pants fit him perfectly, he’s in 2T shorts but outgrowing those fast
- Size 8 shoes
- He’s still the very best eater we’ve ever had, though now during seeding meals he’s getting distracted and would rather play
- Loves bananas, apples and blueberries
- Oatmeal, dry cereal or a bagel for breakfast
- Chicken and rice still his very favourite thing for supper
- He truly, generally eats anything we put in front of him (other than lately at big family meals)
- He’s a grazer…we leave his food at the little table and he’ll sit and eat a bit and then leave and come back. Third kid, we’re happy with this arrangement!
- 11 hours of sleep per night, 7:30 PM – 6:30 AM almost every night
- Naps 2-3 hours per day, BUT he is showing consistent signs that he needs to drop his nap, at least partially because it takes him over an hour to fall asleep when he has naps 🙁
- He has continued to have the odd nap strike, but then goes to bed at 6:00 and sleeps for at least 13 hours
- If his nap is too late, he has trouble falling asleep at night and won’t fall asleep until about 8:30 or 9:00…I think it’s time to intentionally stop napping on certain days
- Will have a car seat nap if he needs one, which is super nice
- Talking like crazy, starting to put 2+ words together “door close”, “Braden, where are you?” which sounds like “Bady, whe-ah-oo?”, he even said “Mom, I love you!” once to me
- Walking up the steps independently like a big boy without even using the railing
- He’s starting to have little tantrums when he’s frustrated—usually it’s when a toy doesn’t do what he thinks it should (having a door open that he thinks should…but it doesn’t!)
- He likes to shout in frustration, so I’m patiently trying to teach him to use his words about what he wants because he has such a great vocabulary!
- He’s also been hitting lately…but he thinks it’s funny and, again, desperately trying to teach him that this is not okay
- He’s discovered the wooden puzzles in his room and he absolutely loves to do them and browse through his books still
- He’s been less independent with his play in the morning and is a big mommy suck…I’m not terribly fond of this, not going to lie!
- He absolutely loves to be outside, but I have to watch him like a hawk, as he has taken off down the road a few times when the guys were farming right by our house, because he wants to go see the equipment!
We celebrated Jonathan with a Blippi birthday party. If you don’t know who Blippi is, I wouldn’t expect you to unless you have a toddler or pre-schooler at home that has discovered this YouTube show! It’s wonderful, he loves it, he’s learned all his colours from Blippi and so much more, he was thrilled to have his blue and orange Blippi party!
We had a small party for him on his birthday, which was a Monday this year, just with Grandma, Papa and the Nelsons. Just wanted to keep it really small as we were about to get into the craziness that is seeding and I didn’t want to try to find a weekend that worked to have more people, especially when Daddy, Papa and Uncle Craig wouldn’t be able to be there.
Jonathan is the busiest of our 3 boys by far. I thought Braden was busy, and he was…but this boy is at a whole other level. He still does well on a grocery store trip, but I need to be armed with snacks or else he gets squirmy and claims that he is “stuck” because of his “buck-uck” (buckle). I fully embrace the DVD player in our SUV, whereas with Braden and Ethan I was vehemently against it. Life is short, and if it keeps him happy and me calm, I’m all for that.
As his big brothers are playing soccer again this spring and we don’t get home until 9:00 PM, I have a babysitter that comes every week which is absolutely amazing! All I would do is chase Jonathan around the soccer field for 3 hours straight, and that is just not appealing. Babysitters for Jonathan are worth every single penny for me!
We love you so much, Jonathan!
Latest posts by Sarah Schultz (see all)
- The Ultimate Parenting Hack | Online Grocery Shopping - April 11, 2019
- How to Grow Dahlias - April 3, 2019
- Curly Girl Method | 4 Month Update - March 26, 2019