Only 1 more month until he’s 2 and only 1 more monthly update after this! He’s so big and so smart, it seems like he’s 2 already!
- In 3T shirts and 2T pants, poor guy can’t fit into his 24 month jeans that are the perfect length because they’re too tight in the waist!
- Size 8 shoes/boots
- I think 3T summer clothes will be perfect for him
- I hope winter ends soon because he’s outgrowing his 2T snowsuit I thought he’d be wearing next year!
- About 11.5 hours every night from 7:00 PM – 6:30 AM, give or take
- Nap strikes about once every 10 days or so, but generally has a 2-3 hour nap every day
- Getting to the point where he can handle not napping, or having a little nap if we’re out and about and busy during the day
- Had a timely car seat nap before a birthday party, even with all of us in the truck
- He still snuggles into my shoulder when I sing him a song before bed
- The best of all the boys at this toddler age! He generally loves to eat, but is a grazer—we just leave his food on the little table and he eats when he pleases
- Some days he won’t stop eating/snacking, the next day he eats very little; very normal toddler behaviour as I’ve learned the last 7 years!
- Absolutely loves eating whole apples and has about 2 per day and also a banana
- He does like grapes, blueberries and strawberries…but he goes through phases of inhaling them one day and playing with them (squishing them into the floor!) the next
- Recognizing his colours! I credit this to Blippi, and he proudly shows us the different colours of his boats in the tub: blue, red, orange, purple. He’s still working on green and yellow
- Loves to watch Blippi and sing along with his songs. Blippi to him is what Sesame Street was to me as a kid
- He’s started to strip if we leave him in the crib too long; also, if the diaper comes off…he always pees!
- He’s getting less destructive with things, but still manages to get into lots and lots of trouble
- He loves to be outside no matter what the weather, I’m already joking I need a wander guard system (used for wandering dementia patients) for the summer as he can open all the doors to go outside to our house! He’s going to be in heaven when he can play with the diggers under the deck this summer
- He loves to give kisses, grabs you by your cheeks and pulls you in for a big, wet one!
Jonathan is a sweet, kind and happy little boy, with some episodes of stubbornness and mischief mixed in! He’s almost always happy, but has the biggest pouty lip you’ve ever seen if he isn’t.
He very much enjoyed being a rink rat this winter and made quite the friendship with Shannon & Kevin, the amazing people who run our arena concession, but going up the little steps and asking for cookies and fries. Many people bought Jonathan a cookie over the season and I think he brought a lot of joy to those at the rink.
You are such a joy, Jonathan! I hope the snow melts soon so we can take some 2 year photos and you can play in dry, warm weather!