I had to look back at the other boys’ stats to see where Jonathan compared…and he is 1″ shorter, but essentially the same size as Braden was at three years old. He is >32 lbs, maybe more since he was weighed last and just under 36″ tall. Braden was always in the 50th percentile and Jonathan is in the 97th. Makes sense!
- Wearing 3T one piece pajamas because his feet are too big for the 2T! They’re a little long in the legs, but fit perfectly otherwise
- Size 5 diapers, as he was leaking every night in the size 4 and getting red marks on his hips from being too tight
- In 24m/2T pants and 2T or 3T shirts depending on the brand
- Glad I got him 2T Columbia snowsuit, I thought he’d need it next winter but it’s fit him great all this winter
- He generally loves food, but either eats like a bird or a horse
- Does better with cut up food vs. whole pieces (ex. grilled cheese sandwich cut up in pieces) or he shoves a whole 1/4 sandwich in his mouth!
- Consistently 12 hours a night, or just under: 7:00 – 6:45/7:00 AM every night
- Napping 2-3 hours every afternoon; he’s in a really great sleep routine
- Had his first official nap strike and we both paid for it for days after, he was so overtired and cranky; just had another one a few days ago too!
- Can unzip his sleep sack (which was how the nap strike happened because it was fun and new and funny to him), but now he only does it if he’s bored in the morning when he wakes up
- Slept very well in the play pen (which is WAY too small for him already!) when we went to Fernie
- Will nap in the car seat, but only when very tired
- First winter vacation to Fernie! Did the 4 hour road trip pretty darn good as long as we kept feeding him snacks
- Tried skiing out with Daddy and Braden, really loved being held and skiing between their legs
- Forward facing in his car seat now, keep in mind he’s the size of a THREE YEAR OLD, so we did pretty darn good keeping him in so long, but it was getting very awkward getting him in and out rear-facing
- Starting to string words together now such as “watch please” and he brings us the remote, “monster truck”, “fire truck”, etc.
- Finally not in “destruct all the things”mode, he doesn’t eat or rip his books anymore
- Had another hair cut. The longer cut was adorable but I just couldn’t control it! It just was so poofy and wouldn’t lay flat. Oh well!
- 100% obsessed with Blippi on YouTube. Ethan discovered his show months ago and now Jonathan is hooked. It’s the only show he will sit and be still for if I need to get something done (see his cute Blippi shirt and glasses in the first photo!)
- Loves the song “Skinamarink” from Sharon, Lois, & Bram and starts singing it with me now!
Jonathan loves to be outside, it doesn’t matter how cold it is he just loves to explore and play. He thought he was pretty cool stuff skiing with Jay and Braden. He wasn’t toooooo keen on trying it by himself but he did a little bit!
Looking forward to many more adventures with these guys!
Latest posts by Sarah Schultz (see all)
- How to Start the Curly Girl Method - December 8, 2018
- Pre-Christmas Getaway in Banff | Mountaintop Christmas - December 5, 2018
- This is Why I Stay at Home With My Toddler - November 27, 2018