And a BIG 21 month old, at that. Weighing in at over 31 lbs and standing 35.5″ tall, we have committed to the idea of taking our family to Disneyland next year if Jonathan keeps growing and can reach 40″ to go on Radiator Springs Racers at California Adventure! This boy is absolutely head over heels in love with all things Cars, so it’s also a no-brainer for me that his 2nd birthday party, which is now only 3 months away, will be Cars theme!
- 2T shirts and pants, starting to wear some 3T shirts because he’s so solid in the body and long in the torso
- Just moved up to size 8 shoes because his feet are so thick! Size 7 boots fit just fine…for now!
- Next diapers I buy, he needs size 5
- He’s still a pretty amazing eater, but he really likes to graze and I’m just going with it
- I have to be careful what I leave on the little table for him to snack on because sometimes crackers end up in a dump truck and crumbs are left all everywhere. Sigh.
- He loves fries and hot dogs the most. You only live once, I’m just going with it, because he still gets fruits and veggies too!
- He pretty consistently sleeps 7:30-6:30 give or take a few, usually 11-12 hours
- In usual baby/toddler fashion, the earlier he goes down, the longer he sleeps and the later he goes down the earlier he gets up!
- He naps 2-3 hours every afternoon and it’s absolutely glorious!
- Still will fall asleep in the car seat when he’s tired enough!
- I’ve also given up on him wearing fleece sleepers for now, he just gets WAY too hot and wakes up earlier because he’s sweaty, he’s always been a “hot” kid
- He just discovered (today) how to take his sleep sack off…will try the normal way tonight and if he keeps it up, he can wear it backwards or just wear fleece jammies and try to keep a light blanket on!
- Had his first nap strike today also (see above!)
- I still can’t keep up with all the new things he’s saying and how well he’s able to communicate
- He started saying “have” when he wants to have something, not sure where he picked that up
- Can ask for apples, bananas, crackers, hot dogs, Cheerios, yogurt, water and milk, which he calls “muck”
- Was really fussy and whiny off and on with a low grade fever for 10 days, finally took him to the clinic yesterday and he’s got another round of Amoxil for tonsillitis and ear congestion. Pretty much any time he has a fever it’s because he’s so congested, his ears ache and it’s turned to tonsillitis, 2nd infection in about 6 months. 1 more infection in the next 6 months and he gets another trip to ENT
- He can tell us when he’s pooped and even brought Jay out the wipes once because he needed a bum change and his daddy wasn’t paying attention!
- He FaceTimed Poppy by accident this month and thought it was the best thing ever!
- Had another haircut, I left it longer on the top this time to see if it could fall and swoop over…but his hair is starting to poof like Braden and Dad’s, so we’ll go back to short all over next time!
- He’s recognizing more and more animals and their sounds, thanks Sound Touch app on the iPad!
- He definitely loves foxes and asks for them all the time! (wonder why that could be!? 😉 )
- He called Braden “Bady” and Ethan “Eetee”, very cute!
I am thinking/hoping that with his communication and understanding skills being so strong, he will pick up potty training pretty easily…but we’ll see. Of all the boys, I think he honestly could train right at 2 years old, but that’s also in the middle of seeding. I’ll see how he does in the next few months, but my goal is to train him this summer, regardless!
Health-wise, other than this recent tonsillitis diagnosis, he’s been pretty darn good, especially compared to last winter’s ear infection and croup filled sick fest! Still haven’t heard from plastics about his cyst and I have to call, maybe next month, to book his 2 year old appointment with his neurosurgeon for his annual cranio check up. His eczema has totally left his legs, but he still gets the odd patch on his tummy and his arms, especially his left upper arm, are getting so bad with bumpy and rough eczema. When he has a cold, his cheeks get red and dry with eczema too. Come on, summer!
This boy gets busier by the day. I like to think he’s keeping me young, because that sounds better to me than “he’s giving me grey hair”! He’s getting so tall he can reach onto all the counters and pull things off if they aren’t pushed back a good 6″ or more. At the arena he can now rest his chin on the counter when he stands on the step, vs. at the beginning of hockey season where he had to stand on his tippy toes just to peek over the counter.