Truth be told, I can totally believe Jonathan is 20 months old…he already seems like he’s 2 years old because of his size and his language skills. I don’t have an official weight on him but he’s gotta be well over 30 lbs and he’s so tall he can see over our kitchen table now and can reach even more things on the counters…”yay”…!
He REALLY needs a haircut but I’m scared to take him! It’s so traumatic for us both at this age! haha
- He’s getting awfully close to being in 2T everything, but the pants are last to fit into, as always!
- He really does eat almost everything we give him, best eater we’ve ever made!
- Slow to eat breakfast, just like his mom
- Hot dogs, macaroni, grilled cheese are his favourites, will eat bananas and strawberries but is unpredictable with same, I’d say chicken and rice is his favourite supper but, as I said, he generally eats everything we give him, even if it’s only a little bit
- He’s a very well-hydrated little guy! Loves his morning yogurt, milk and drinks tons of water throughout the day
- He’s been in a really good pattern of sleeping from 7:30-7:00/7:30 AM and having a 2-3 hour nap from 12-2/3
- He will sleep in the car seat if he’s tired enough, but nothing I would ever bank on or count on him to nap for
- Two words: language explosion. I am not even sure I can keep track of how many new words this little man has, but his communication skills are absolutely amazing and he is far advanced for his age, which is really nice for us and for him
- He recently started saying hello, water, and Kihei perfectly clear and says thank you (dank-oo!) unprompted almost all of the time, he calls bath time/tub time “tubby” now
- He’s really good at helping me get him dressed and undressed, he knows to say pants, shirt, socks, shoes and knows where they all go and will run excitedly to the back door to get his boots if he knows we’re going somewhere
- He loves music and at Christmas Eve service on Sunday morning when the brass were playing…he just HAD to go up as close as he could get to observe what was going on
- He celebrated his 2nd Christmas and was TOTALLY into everything. He got how to open presents and gave huge a “WOWWWWW!!!!” with every single gift he opened, he had a blast
- For the first time ever on Christmas day he started crying and went to the door and asked to go home. Just too stimulated, so I was happy to oblige…I get like that too, and so does Jay!
- He knows when he has to poop, has a little routine already, and will pat his bum and say “poop” when he’s done. I decided to introduce our little green Ikea potty to him, and he loves to sit on it and “push” and pretend to go to the bathroom. He knows what a potty is and can now say “potty”, but I’m not going down that route until I know he’s good and ready, I learned my mistakes from trying to train Ethan early at 23 months!
- He loves the Baby Sound app on the iPad and brings it to us and says “push” when he wants to play
- He knows to recognize, cats, docks, ducks, horses, cows, sheep, donkeys, monkeys, frogs and can make most of the animal sounds too
He really is a happy-go-lucky little guy, and is happy 95% of the time (the other 5% he’s tired and cranky!). He is most often seen wearing a smile and also making sure to bring others smiles along the way. As you can see, he’s mastered his “cheese!” face this month!
We’ve felt very blessed so far this winter that Jonathan hasn’t suffered with the awful ear infections that he did last year. He’s had a runny nose for weeks, but I’ll happily take that over how sick he was with his ears and two rounds of croup last winter. We still haven’t heard from plastics about his lump/cyst removal, but I’m not surprised as it’s very non-urgent and it isn’t growing.
I can’t believe that exactly a year ago he graduated from wearing his helmet. I’m pretty emotional just thinking about all that he went through. I can’t believe we ever doubted adding a third child to our family, I’m so glad he’s a part of our amazing little crew!
4 more months and he’s TWO!