This month just flew by and before we known it he’ll be 20 months old at the end of the year!
I would guesstimate by the way this boy eats that he’s well on his way to 30 lbs, if he’s not there already. When he had his 18 month vaccinations he’s in the 95%ile for height and weight.
- No change from last month, outgrowing some smaller sized 2T pajamas, including my favourite pair ever!
- Shopping 100% in the toddler boy section, bye bye baby stuff…
- He sure went through an awful phase again of sleep, but luckily that resolved itself before we left him with my mom for 4 nights!
- Goes to bed 7:30 or so, sometimes takes awhile to settle and plays or babbles to himself and wakes up lately around 7:00 or later! Finally sleeping about 12 hours a night
- Having awesome 2-3+ hour naps in the afternoon, about 11:30-2:30 — if he sleeps past 3 he needs to stay awake past 8:00 or he won’t fall asleep as easily
- He really is such a good eater, this is a new thing for me as a toddler mom!
- For breakfast he still grazes the most, but he really likes scrambled eggs
- He does REALLY well with a fork and spoon to feed himself
- Language explosion continues: monkey, stuck, book, Abby, boots, shoes, see (asks to stand on kitchen counter to look out window to “see” Jay leave in the morning), don’t touch, get down, yuck (wonder where he learned all those last ones!)
- He’s starting to say please and thank you unprompted a bit
- He has names for Braden, Ethan and Laura, but I can’t attempt to imitate them!
- He’s very good at helping get dressed, putting his arms through the sleeves and lifting his legs into pant holes (he has been for awhile)
- Following directions pretty darn good for his age: going to get his boots, starting to clean up toys, stop bad behaviour while he’s doing it
- Starting to throw little fits if he doesn’t get his way, luckily they don’t last long at this point
- He can climb up on chairs now, and thus the kitchen table!
- REALLY loves Curious George Christmas movie and will sit for a big portion of it and sings along with it, loves Paw Patrol too and asks for “paw pa po”
- We left him overnight for the first time ever and went big and did it for 4 nights! He did awesome for my mom, MIL and SIL when they watched him!
- Starting to really play with and have fun wrestling his brothers
With the weather being so dry he’s had a flare up with his eczema. His cheeks and ankles are taking the worst of it, poor guy! Braden didn’t really outgrow his eczema until he was 2.5 years old, so hopefully Jonathan outgrows it sooner than that.
Everyone always comments on how happy he is, and he really is. He’s happiest when he’s running around and getting into trouble and he loves to be around people — the more the better. He loves to be at his brothers’ hockey games and I am accustomed to watching the games on the go. So far the Chestermere rink is my favourite because it’s nice and warm and I can see the game from almost all angles of chasing Jonathan! He is also really getting into playing with his trucks…and has an affinity to remove every rubber wheel on the small trucks and tractors that he can!
We got a letter from Alberta Children’s Hospital and he will see a plastic surgeon in 8-10 months to address the cyst or lipoma, or whatever it is, on his head by his left eye. Totally non-urgent, but better to be in the system than not.
I’m very excited for Christmas season with Jonathan and his brothers this year!
Latest posts by Sarah Schultz (see all)
- When Your Child Has Abdominal Pain, But You Don’t Know Why - March 6, 2018
- Jonathan is 22 Months Old! - March 1, 2018
- Ham and Potato Soup - February 14, 2018