Well, it’s getting harder and harder to take these monthly pictures. He actually started to cry when I tried to sit him down, so he stood up…and it is what it is! He’s a big, growing boy, so those side by side sitting comparison photos is just going to have to be a thing of the past. Our baby is 18 months and he’s the busiest toddler I’ve ever met!
He had his 18 month vaccinations done and was measured at the clinic too. He’s really, really started to stretch out and look more thin. He’s still a very solid kid, but he’s getting taller now too!
Weight: 28 lbs 6 oz
He’s grown 1″ this last month! He’s just so busy..did I already mention that? (I’m sure I will again, too!)
- He’s out of all of his 18-24 month clothing except some pants that he will outgrow soon, in 2T shirts and size 6 shoes/boots
- Size 4 diapers, I gave up on cloth long ago and have no regrets…and no time…and no desire to do it!
- He’s officially a grazer. Rarely will there be a meal he just sits down and eats until it’s finished. It’s not ideal, but at least he’s getting lots of food in and it won’t last forever
- First kid we’ve ever had to not inhale breakfast every morning, which isn’t always good because he gets cranky because he’s hungry
- Loves scrambled eggs, homemade buns, bagels, bananas, crackers, hot dogs, COOKIES and plain TimBits (don’t judge!)
- Chicken and rice is still his favourite meal, too bad the other boys will only choke down rice at this point in their lives!
- Experimenting on eating with a fork and spoon, doing pretty great!
- He’s been in a bad streak of only sleeping 10 hours no matter what his nap is like, when he wakes up from said nap, or when he goes to bed
- It’s hard on me and him because he wakes up tired and grumpy and whiny and then won’t sit and eat breakfast
- He’s been going to bed at 8 lately in prep for daylight savings (fall back) this weekend and that part is going well, but he needs to sleep past 6:00 AM because I’m NOT getting up at 5:00 AM new time with him!
- Naps have generally been really good for him, he goes down between 11-12 and naps 2-3 hours
- He fell asleep on the way to Strathmore (1/2 hour drive) the other day because he’s so tired only sleep 10 hours at night
- He still snuggles into my right shoulder before nap and bedtime
- Got his 18 month vaccination and has his flu shot
- New words: COOKIE!!! (really loud and excited!), “Bray-bee” for Braden, “E” for Ethan, thank you (sounds like “da-cue”), please (sounds like “tees”), George (sounds like “joe-sh” for Curious George), yay, hooray, and a lot more I know I’m forgetting, his language is really advanced just like Braden was
- He excitedly puts his arms up in the air and shouts “MOOOOOORE!!!!” when he wants more of something
- Knows what night-night means and will run to his room and pick a book for nap or bedtime
- Very picky about his books and what he likes to have read to him; current faves are Red Truck, Where Do Diggers Sleep at Night, Goodnight George
- He fell in love with Curious George this month and it’s making me so happy!
- Also loving PAW Patrol and asks for “puppas” when he wants to watch it
- Can turn light switches off, but not on yet
- Had a skull x-ray, ultrasound and eye exam to check out a cyst that is growing by his left eye in the temple
- He’s doing a really great job helping get dressed and undressed
Jonathan makes me wonder why we ever held off on wanting to have a third. He may be insanely busy and gets into lots of trouble, but we love him so much and he is a perfect fit. He loves running around the rink and socializing with everyone during brothers’ hockey practices and games. He’s almost always smiling and laughing and running around. He’s a little goof, a little ham, and still very much a little rascal.
Regarding the tests he’s had this last month, I noticed swelling and a lump on his left temple at the end of summer. At first I thought it was a bug bite or he bumped his head (for the umpteenth time), but it wasn’t red or bruised. It felt hard to me so I emailed our neurosurgery nurse and asked her opinion. She advised to get skull x-rays done to see if it was bony or soft tissue. We went to our family doctor and he ordered x-rays, which ruled out that it was bony, and sent us for an ultrasound. It’s definitely soft tissue, a cyst of some sort. We had an eye exam done and his eyes are perfectly fine, there’s no pressure or pain from this cyst. Now we wait for a very non-urgent referral to peds plastic surgery. It’s nothing sinister, just another “thing”, another nuisance.
Here’s to 18 more crazy, busy, loving months and many many more after that!
Latest posts by Sarah Schultz (see all)
- Every Child Needs Thomas in Their Life - November 18, 2017
- Teach Your Kids To Clean Now & They’ll Thank You Later - November 16, 2017
- The Best Instant Pot Roast You’ll Ever Eat! - November 6, 2017