Jonathan continues to be the busiest boy I’ve ever had…or ever met…and he keeps getting busier as the days go by! At 17 months, Braden was extremely busy too, and I can’t believe we’re only 1 month away from his 1/2 birthday!
Not the best photo this month, because he was SO offended that I asked him to sit still so he did this (below) and then he just stood up and was being silly!
- Entirely in 18-24 month/24 month clothing
- 24 month Carter’s fleece jammies fit him perfectly, I wouldn’t be surprised by the end of the year or shortly into the new year if he’s in 2T…I already snuck him in size 2T 2 piece jammies to match his brothers and he can definitely wear them
- His feet are so fat and thick that I had to sell the adorable size 4 Bogs winter boots I bought him because I couldn’t get his feet in easily and ordered him a size 6 so we can get them on his feet easily
- He is generally still a picky toddler, has better days than others
- We found out he eats best when he can eat at the table on his own; he likes his booster seat, without the tray, if he sits at the big table for supper and he’s doing really well learning to use a fork
- In the morning he usually likes an Eggo waffle or a cinnamon raisin bagel that he grazes on
- He, by his own accord, eats at the little kid table and chair now; really doesn’t like a high chair/booster with tray anymore
- Loves to drink yogurts
- Picky about fruit, doesn’t eat bananas regularly anymore and will sometimes eat watermelon or strawberries, is liking little chunks of apple I cut up for him
- In a really good groove; to bed at 6:30-7:30 and sleeps 12-13 hours most nights, up at 6:30-8:00 depending on when he went to bed
- Does really well with 1 nap a day, generally try to push him to go down no earlier than 11:00 and he sleeps 2-3+ hours every day
- He’s been so tired lately that sometimes he’ll have a little car seat nap in the morning on the way to town or church, and then will still have his afternoon nap
- Saying so many new words: bus, shoes, toes, boots, shut, cracker, “Ta” (for Taz, Grandma & Papa’s dog), digger, please, “bup” for up, “mooooow!” for more
- Absolutely loves watching the bus come and go in the mornings and afternoons, he just JUMPS and screams with excitement
- Jay wants to start calling him “Jon” but I’m not warming up to the idea very much! He’s my Jonathan!
- OBSESSED with diggers, absolutely loves watching “If I Were a Digger” and “Truck Tunes”
- Can now find his nose and also his toes and head, when asked
- LOVES his stuffies, especially the fox we got him in BC this summer
- Watching the bus come at go in the morning and afternoons are two of his favourite times of the day! He jumps up and down with excitement on the couch so he can see the bus come up the road and our driveway
- Loves to try to jump, he can even do it sometimes!
- When is walking backwards he goes “beep…beep…beep” like a truck backing up, and he thinks it’s a pretty cool party trick
- Outside is the best thing ever, he had a blast on a family walk after supper this week
He’s truly such a happy little guy and he LOVES to show off and socialize around lots of people. He pretends to play shy for about 2.5 seconds and then quickly realizes it’s not worth the effort to keep up the facade. He loves to walk around and give high 5s and if you chase him, you’ll be his best friend.
As I mentioned above, outside is his favourite place to be. I’ll just have to start bundling him up to take him outside to explore. And take this life lesson from Jonathan: if you fall down, pick yourself up and keep going. I can’t tell you how many times he tripped (because he’s not used to walking in shoes still) but he was just so happy he got right back up and kept going.
I am realizing now more than ever that he’s our last baby and now last toddler, that I’ve been spoiling him and myself with all the cute Carter’s clothes I can afford. I can rarely turn down a striped romper/1-piece outfit from there, especially if it has navy blue in it. My big hunky chunk of a boy! Also, we have an amazing consignment store and I make great money on these new clothes once he outgrows them.
He loves saying goodbye to Jay and always has that fox in his arms in the mornings. He knows how to communicate very well with us, which cuts down on a LOT of whining. Again—it’s amazing to have home ice advantage, because when he’s hungry he goes to the pantry and asks “more!” and when he’s thirsty he goes to the fridge to ask for more.
What a guy, Jonathan. We sure love you!