Did you think you escaped monthly updates just because Jonathan turned 1? Nope! I have done/do monthly updates for our babies until they turn 2 and then I do 1/2 year updates after that. I don’t do height/weight unless I’ve had to do it for another reason, but a monthly update in regular clothes. Here we go…! Clearly, he does not want to sit still for this photo!
- 18 month/18-24 month clothes, BUT he is on the verge of outgrowing all the 18 month rompers I have for the summer and summer hasn’t even started! It’s what happens when you’re long in the torso and have shorter legs!
- Can wear 24 month onesies
- 18 month fleece jammies fit him well still, but there’s hardly and nights he wears them…almost outgrown the cotton ones!
- Size 5 shoes and has fat hobbit feet like Braden did
- Like a bird for a couple in early May! Poor baby is just so not into eating because (I assume) his top molars having been trying to emerge for TWO WEEKS!!! First one side of the molar, then the other…then the middle had to break through. Ugh.
- Really not eating a lot, especially for breakfast. Really doesn’t like his oatmeal anymore!
- Nursing only in the morning and at bedtime and he finally weaned on the left side (the other babies did this long before now!)
- Needs some encouragement to eat, even if it’s finger foods he normally would eat fine
- Only food lately that he’s inhaled on his own accord is pizza
- Guzzling milk like a champ gets 3 sippies a day, sometimes he doesn’t finish them all
- Loves water too!
- I just pray he’s not starting his fussy-toddler-who-doesn’t-eat-anything phase already…
- Major regression, I assume from teething/illness
- Depending on the day/his naps he falls asleep between 6:45-8:00 and has regressed to the point of only sleeping as little as 9-10 hours 🙁 but his usual/average sleep is 11 hours
- Right when he turned 1 year he went through this very brief golden stage of sleeping 12-13 hours at night and having one monster 3 hour nap…but that was short lived
- Naps two times a day, ~9:30-11:30 and ~2:00-4:00 give or take. Naps are usually 1.5-2 hours each but sometimes only 45 mins, sometimes (rarely) 3+ hours…VERY unpredictable and inconsistent
- As I said, he has dabbled with only 1 nap a day at times, but it doesn’t work well for him. Sometimes he’ll “rest” and be quiet for about 15 minutes and counts that as a 2nd nap. Babies.
- He’s usually awake about 3 hours in between naps but sometimes is silly and has been awake for up to 7 hours whilst nap-striking
- Will sleep in the car seat if awake for >5-6 hours, only about 45 minutes
- REALLY praying he kicks this sleep regression soon…
- Says “buh buh ” for “bye bye” and waves
- Says “uh oh”, “no”, “ta” (when I tell him to “stop”, he repeats “ta”)
- Says “tractor” (sounds like “tictor”)
- When I shhh shhh shhh him to before I lay him down for a nap, if he’s beeing silly he’ll repeat me as “ssssssssss!”
- Plays peek-a-boo and so big a lot
- Shakes his head (but doesn’t know what it means yet)
- Pushes anything and everything he can to walk but still won’t take any steps on his own
- First non-family babysitter every Wednesday during soccer
- Saw ENT for his ear infections (will elaborate below)
- Can free stand for quite a long time, has good balance, still not walking!
- Can often be heard shouting “Mom! Mom! Mom! MOM!!!” already!
- 3rd haircut
- Teeth like crazy! Top 1 year molars, eye teeth coming down and one more tooth on the bottom coming up
It bothers me that my 1 year old baby is not vaccinated for MMR yet, but they are so booked up we couldn’t get in until June! Soon, my little one, soon! He is generally still a super happy and smiley baby, but with this wonky sleep regression, he’s definitely been more whiny and clingy to me. He can be distracted easily enough, but sometimes I just have to put him in his crib for a nap, it’s the only thing I can do. Even if he doesn’t fall asleep, I know he’s happy and safe.
He really loved going out to the field for the last day of seeding to see Jay, Ray and Craig. He was all business just taking it all in, and of course, loved the tractor and trucks.
He is still getting his monthly head cold towards the end of the month like clockwork. This time it’s just a cough and runny nose, luckily no croup like the previous two times. It sure is enough to disturb his sleep, especially his naps. Poor guy could REALLY use some good quality sleep lately.
So, we saw ENT for his ear infections, and the surgeon said we could go 1 of 2 routes: schedule him for ear tube surgery as it only takes 5 minutes and it would provide him drainage when he gets his head colds, or we could wait 6 months until the fall and see how he does over the summer and do the surgery then if needed. Since for the last 3 months now, he has managed to be ear infection free, we’ll just wait and pray that he continues to outgrow these issues.
He is SO BUSY. Such a fast crawler and loves to open drawers and cupboards that I haven’t/can’t baby-proof. Luckily he doesn’t make a mess (yet), he just likes to open the drawers. He got into my GF flour because a big brother left the pantry open. Oh well!
His eczema has taken a turn for the worse with the change in the weather. Even though it’s warmer and more humid, his skin has not liked it. He had really rough, scaly patches for awhile but they’re under control. Having a short bath every night with immediate application of thick lotion/balm really helps keep it at bay. I really hope he outgrows it soon!
So, that’s 13 months in a pretty big nutshell!
Latest posts by Sarah Schultz (see all)
- The Decision to Start Therapy - June 23, 2017
- Don’t Judge Me on My Phone This Summer, I’m Making Memories - June 20, 2017
- Tim Hortons Free Printable Gift Card Holder - June 16, 2017