Last month so much happened and it started off going fast and then slowed down a bit. My in-laws did their annual trip to Maui and were gone from the 16th to the 16th and it seriously only felt like they were gone 2 weeks, that’s how fast it all went! So much has happened, I don’t know where to start! (Good thing I have my monthly template to do that organization for me!)
Weight: 21 lbs 5 oz
- Size 12 month Carter’s and 12-18m Old Navy – but that is getting snug; almost time for 18 month jammies…
- Size 4 diapers with lots of room to grow. He was leaking out of size 3 at night so I just bumped him up to 4
- Medium cloth diapers, using during the day, but not for naps because they will leak
- Haven’t weaned his nursing at all, but if I’m gone grocery shopping or not at home for some other reason, we don’t bother taking milk out for a bottle, he does just fine
- This guy could chug water all day long. He can do his sippy cup all by himself and we have to cut him off or he’ll soak through his diaper at night
- I introduced whole milk at 9.5 months, just like I did his brothers. I did want to hold off until closer to 12 months, BUT it is still safe to start at 9 months and I wanted to see how he’d do. It’s not to replace any nursing or could-be formula feedings, it is to supplement his thirst. He’s handled it well – no rashes, no irritibility that I can tell, so he has 3 oz at breakfast and 3 oz at supper. At least this way he is getting nutrition with his thirst and he’s still nursing a lot too
- About 2 weeks ago he started eating our food and NOT just purees! Hallelujah! One night as we were eating, after he ate his purees I gave him a scoop of rice and a scoop of finely cut chicken and he inhaled it!
- He will eat ground beef meals, but he wouldn’t feed himself, he prefers if we feed him that
- It’s nice to be in the “eat what we eat” stage of things and he’s absolutely loving breakfast foods like pancakes and waffles (no butter or syrup yet), as I expected he would
- He’s still pretty cyclical with his sleep phases. Generally sleeps 7:oo pm – 7:00 am, sometimes he’ll wake at the 9/10 hour mark, I’ll feed him and he’ll continue sleeping, but generally he has been in a good phase of sleeping 12 hours at night
- Had been fighting sleep like CRAZY for the first few weeks of the month; I blame it on all his milestones (see below)
- He would take upwards of 1.5 hours to fall asleep for a nap some days – he’s generally happy, but just playing around and can’t turn off his brain to nap
- I think maybe 5 times in the first 2 weeks of the month he actually just laid down and fell asleep for a nap/bedtime
- Down to 2 naps consistently a day; sometimes a piddly 35 minute nap if he’s really overtired, sometimes a 2.5+ hour nap if he needs to catch up. Generally naps 45 min- 1.5 hours
- Had this heartbreaking, can’t-catch-his-breath crying himself to sleep thing going on for a week for bedtime 🙁 I think he was so incredibly overtired by the time bedtime rolls around he’s just cranky and can’t settle himself
- Will still sleep in the car seat – yes!
- Finally turned a corner this last week and going down happy and peacefully for naps and bedtime
- He’s not very snuggly before a nap or bedtime anymore 🙁 Only if he needs comfort in the middle of the night when he’s sick, so I soak that up like crazy!
- aka: the reason why Jonathan’s sleep is so wonky!
- FOUR NEW TEETH! He doubled his teeth, got of all of lateral incisiors for a grand total of 8 teeth. He got these last 4 in 3 weeks! Hopefully get can have a bit of a break now!
- First haircut! The wings were just out of control
- Creeping/army crawling 1 week into last month
- Hands-and-knees crawling about a week after that! He’s gotten faster and faster every day and explores more every day
- Goings from lying, to sitting, to kneeling, to crawling – he’s very, very agile!
- Pulling up on his knees
- Pulling up to a stand on his feet – but not doing consistently, which is just fine with me!
- Lowered his crib all the way down, it’s inevitable anyway!
- First time with croup – poor guy had such a bad time with a 40ºC+, luckily got him into the clinic that morning and had 3 days of Predisolone and did fine
- ANOTHER ear infection too, luckily just the left ear and it didn’t rupture this time, another round of antibiotics, this time Amoxil/Clavulin
He has just changed so much in the last month, it has actually seemed to be such a drawn out month because so much has happened. Once he finally figured out how to move, he’s been the happiest baby ever. No more frustration of being stuck and wanting to move and try to keep up with his brothers. He can explore and get into lots of trouble!
With his croup and runny nose and all the teething…he’s been extra EXTRA drooly. He’s the drooliest baby I’ve ever had and cannot wear a bib. He stopped spitting up the earliest of all my babies, but unfortunately he still has to wear bibs on bibs because of all the drool!
I’ve been working on signs with him and at this point he just things it’s hilarious when I put his hands together to show him “more”. I really want him to clap, because babies clapping are so darn cute! – but again, he just thinks it’s funny and won’t do it yet. His little wave though? Melts my heart and just slays me. Cutest thing ever!
Jay’s mom has reminded me that Jay walked at 10 months old… I have no desire for Jonathan to literally follow in his daddy’s footsteps! I’m happy he’s mobile, but I’m not going to encourage him to walk – not yet! Happy 10 months, Jonathan! You adorable, squishy, sweet baby!
Latest posts by Sarah Schultz (see all)
- The Decision to Start Therapy - June 23, 2017
- Don’t Judge Me on My Phone This Summer, I’m Making Memories - June 20, 2017
- Tim Hortons Free Printable Gift Card Holder - June 16, 2017