It’s been a fun and busy month for this little mister! His cheeks are filling out, his head is even more round, I can tell he wants to be on the move, and the next month is going to be so exciting!
Weight: 17 lbs 15 oz
Head: 45.1 cm
- Pretty much stretched out of his 6-12 month and 9 month sleepers and all in 12 month now, size 12-18 month Joe Fresh sleepers
- 9 month pants are getting tight, so he wears 12 month and I roll up if I need to
- Size 3 disposables still and his small cloth diapers are too small but I’m just too lazy/overwhelmed to deal with that right now!
- We survived our first daylight savings, but at that exact time change, he started wanting to go to bed at 6:30 and even 5:45 one night
- Has slept 13.5 hours a few times and sometimes sleeps a full 11-12 hours straight through, but his norm lately is sleeping 10 hours, eating and then going back to sleep for 1-2 hours
- He’s staying up 1.5-2 hours between naps now and naps 3 times a day
- Only napping 35-55 minutes at a time, usually about 45 minute average – NOT ENOUGH! It’s loads better than napping on me like he was, but I want my nice, long naps outta my baby! Or at least 1 long nap a day would be nice with 2 smaller naps. All in due time…
- We haven’t travelled as much lately, but I’ve learned that he needs to start a road trip right after he wakes up from a nap. Little turkey didn’t want to nap on his first trip to Costco and ended up being awake all the way there and during shopping and finally fell asleep 1/2 way home!
- We just went to Calgary a week and a half ago and he was happily awake there and back the whole time – such a gem to travel with!
- Car seat naps, when he does nap, are back to about 35 minutes at a time, but I’m thankful he will still nap and he’s happy otherwise and he did pull out a good 2 hour nap our last trip to Edmonton
- He had a little nap in the carrier at biggest brother’s hockey tournament! I don’t want to rely on that all the time, but it’s nice to know he will hunker down and nap in the carrier just like he used to!
- Breastfeeding as much as always, my supply has really leveled off though – I don’t pump off any in the mornings ever and rarely leak anymore
- Started solid foods on his 6 month birthday and he LOVES it!
- Started with sweet potatoes and he just devoured them
- He was always so upset when his food was done, so I started giving him 2 oz twice a day and he handled it really well
- He’s had sweet potato, apple, butternut squash, pork, peach, pear, banana, mango, cauliflower, oatmeal and barley cereal
- I’ve given him a piece of dry toast, some rice rusk crackers to try and he “gets it”, but I don’t think he’s quite ready to have them yet – he inhaled a soft piece of crust from homemade pizza too!
- He loves his purees so much I have no intention of doing much baby-lead weaning (giving them ‘normal’ solid pieces of food and letting them figure it out); quite frankly it’s always scared me
- I did give him some tiny pieces of scrambled egg and spoon fed him, but he didn’t like it – he’s not ready for the texture yet
- He LOVES water and drinks very well from an open cup!
- Doesn’t spit up anymore! Started a little bit after solid foods as his tummy was getting used to it
- Will reliably take a bottle, but Jay says he does fight it a bit before he hunkers down and drinks it (in other words – he’s not going to starve and suffer when I leave him!)
- Starting solid foods, of course!
- Sitting up, but still does better assisted – problem is he loves to lunge forward or beside him to try to get places and topples over!
- Loves to “blow” at you (like he’s blowing out a birthday candle)
- Makes a scratchy/growling type sound in his throat and thinks he’s hilarious!
- Rolling around and moving more
- Met Santa and did so well!
- LOVES to touch and feel his surroundings. He’ll grab your face with both hands and feel (and pinch and squeeze and scratch!)
First and foremost – I cannot believe that as of November 23 (Daddy’s birthday!) Jonathan has been in his helmet for 3 months! Meaning, he’s over 75% done! When we had our last helmet adjustment in Edmonton, the OT noted that when we see the surgeon on December 12 if he says we’re done – we’re done! On one hand I anticipate that he might say Jonathan looks great, but let’s finish to 4 months of helmet therapy, which would be December 23. On the other hand, since we’re from out of town, he might say we’re done right then and there. Either way, we’ll do what’s best for Jonathan and I’m just not sure his head has terribly much potential to improve any more than it has – but I’m not the expert, so I’m eager to hear what he has to say! I figure perhaps in the new year he’ll ask us to come back for one final measurement? Guess we’ll see!
Jonathan is a super happy and super content baby, just like his brothers were. He doesn’t get stranger danger at all, and will just get a bit upset if he’s on the verge of a nap and people get in his face – can’t blame him for that one! I’m ridiculously excited for what the next month brings: his first Christmas and all of the activities leading up to it, the (very likely) end of our helmet journey, seeing all the new things he’s experiencing! It’s bittersweet, but I’m savoring the sweetness of experiencing one last first Christmas for one of our babies.
He’s really found his voice and babbles at times, but rather his shrieks have increased in frequency (in both meanings of the word!). His new habit that just cracks me up is if I’m burping him after I feed him to put him down to bed, he’ll kick both of his legs in excitement to ‘climb’ up me and get right in my face! He loves to grab my cheeks with his hands and shakes with excitement when he sees us!
Here’s to the next month, little guy!
Latest posts by Sarah Schultz (see all)
- Currently - August 14, 2017
- I Don’t Have Go-With-the-Flow Babies, And That’s Okay - August 5, 2017
- Jonathan is 15 Months Old! - July 30, 2017