Well, the way I see it, this could be my last update if I have this baby in the next 2 weeks, or I could have two more full biweekly updates and a bonus overdue update! It’s always a mystery when babies will come, but I feel it is even more so with this baby because (as I keep saying to everyone) I’ve had one baby born in the 40th week and one born in the 37th week. Oh, and there’s always been a 5 day discrepancy on my due dates between my ultrasounds and my LMP dates. Regardless, here’s my could-be-last or 3rd last pregnancy update!
- I had a glorious birthday as I turned 33 and baby turned 35 weeks by celebrating with family, then for my birthday present got a gel pedicure (pink, just in case!) and had a 90 minute massage!
- I start going to weekly appointments now, all of them are booked including into my 39 turning 40 weeks appointment
- I’m not sleeping very well anymore. Trouble getting to sleep, waking between 3:30-5:30 (if I’m lucky) and very very restless from then until I give up
- I feel like a human oven, literally and figuratively. I’m “cooking” a tiny human which is overheating me like crazy, especially with the abnormally warm spring temperatures we’re having
- Also meaning I am not taking my baths like I want to/need to. It just makes me too hot and uncomfortable after and I cannot take a cool bath!
- Evenings, when I’m supposed to be ‘relaxing’ is the worst. I actually feel great out and about during the day, but right after supper is done and I go to stretch out on the couch I just can’t get comfortable and the pain of the day settles in: left sciatic, pelvis, cervical, belly…pick any or all, every night now
- I’ve been leaking colostrum on the left side for a couple of weeks now, I don’t recall this happening with my other pregnancies and it’s odd that it’s the left, my “under-performer” from my last 2 babies! Maybe it’s trying to make up for it’s shortcomings?
- I have been online nesting — the boys’ latest photo books are done and ordered from Shutterfly, I am backing up 9+ years’ worth of photos from my Flickr account as it suddenly dawned on me if that site ever disappears so do all my memories!
- This baby’s hiccups are out of control, s/he had a 30 minute episode the other night and while all neat and cute at first…it gets annoying fast!
I hate to say it, sorry not sorry, but I’m ready to be done. Especially if my ultrasound due dates are my “real” dates and I’m actually 36w5d right now. I felt like I was robbed of my final weeks of pregnancy when Ethan decided to come early in the 37th week, but I’m just ready to be done. I’m not miserable, but I’m not feeling good in the evenings or sleeping well anymore, so if I’m not sleeping well I figure I might as well have a baby to keep me company at night and have something to do!
The newborn laundry is done, the diaper bag is packed, the swing and baby chair are here and ready to be used. My beloved glider chair that my grandma gifted me is on it’s last legs, but ready to put more miles on. This weekend my hospital bag will be packed and the car seat base will be installed and ready to go…just in case. I keep feeling like the more prepared I am the longer I’ll have to wait for baby…but that’s okay. At least then I can “rest” assured that I don’t have anything to do and only bags to grab when it’s baby time.
We’ve been spending a lot of time with family lately and the kids have really enjoyed it. It’s so comforting to know that they’ll be well taken care of and not bored in the least when this baby comes — a bonus of having a baby in a busy farming season with beautiful spring weather. Jay hasn’t been home much and has been very busy working on the farm getting everything ready for planting/seeding season, set to start early for us next week. The boys are old enough they’ll enjoy lots of tractor rides and have plenty to do this spring. It’s the thing I’m looking most forward to about having a seeding baby — the beautiful weather instead of having a baby in the dead of winter!
If you’re familiar with the movie “What to Expect When You’re Expecting”, I’m like Elizabeth Banks’ character lately. I’m tired and grumpy and irritable and not feeling terribly glamorous about the end of this pregnancy. This about sums me up right now:
I don’t recognize my body, I’m uncomfortable, I don’t want to wear “real” clothes, making a human being is really hard and I really love my husband but I also wanna punch him in the face sometimes 😉 And the pressure, the pressure down there. Too far. Too far…
Latest posts by Sarah Schultz (see all)
- The Ultimate Parenting Hack | Online Grocery Shopping - April 11, 2019
- How to Grow Dahlias - April 3, 2019
- Curly Girl Method | 4 Month Update - March 26, 2019