Work is getting harder, pain and discomfort are settling in more frequently, but all in all…still feeling pretty darn good. Plus, what good is it going to do to complain too much with 8 weeks (or so) to go!?
I can’t believe I’m already at the point where I go to the doctor every 2 weeks and come 36 weeks I’ll go every week until baby is born. Here are some new things since 30 weeks:
- BP 117/55
- Measuring 33 cm
- FHR 120-145
- I had my first chiropractic adjustment this entire pregnancy last week and it actually made me feel worse the next day. Coincidence, or I was so out of alignment that being adjusted properly was what my body had to get used to. Needless to say, I’m not booking anymore unless I feel it will benefit me.
- I worked a lot before Disneyland but now I’m down to 4 more shifts in <6 weeks until I’m done work at 37 weeks/for seeding. I was actually on my maternity leave (unpaid) at 31 weeks with Ethan and I remember feeling such a sense of relief…work was getting hard on my body and it’s the same again now. 12 hour shifts are brutal, luckily I have only 1 more booked.
- I worked 2 night shifts last weekend and they laid me flat on my back! A very busy 12 hour shift followed by not enough sleep and another 8 hour night shift and a busy Sunday with the skating carnival left me fried and I laid on the couch all afternoon and evening, God bless my husband for all his amazing help!
- If I’m on my feet for most of the day, I get swelling in my right ankle regularly now; wearing compression stockings at work is a must. I just ordered 2 more pairs of compression stockings, can’t wait to try them out.
- Swelling to my right ankle, even a little after a few hours on my feet is the norm lately and I’m even starting to get a bit of swelling in my hands and my wedding ring leaves an indent now…I’ve never had swelling in pregnancy before!
- Left sciatic nerve pain strikes in the evening when it does and it feels like lightening shooting down my bum and leg. It’s hard to walk, it hurts, but rest helps and luckily in the mornings I feel much improved
- I have started organizing more in the nursery: clothes, diapers, blankets, burp cloths…and the diaper bag is up and ready to be packed. Gulp.
- We are definitely not locked in on baby names. Boy or girl. Girl names have come easier be we can’t finalize our decision…boy names? Sigh.
- Starting to get a light linea nigra. I got one at 34 weeks with Braden and never did get one with Ethan.
I need that nesting bug to bite me because it’s only come few and far times in between and rarely came when I was pregnant with Ethan! I also have big brother clothes to sort out, both boys are growing like CRAZY right now. Seriously, if we have a girl, I cannot WAIT to get rid of all the boys’ clothes! They take up 90% of my storage room! Mind you, having another boy means that I have everything I need all ready to use again.
One more thing — Laura and I were chatting today and in almost a month’s time is when I had Ethan! Crazy to think! I’ll be 37 weeks on April 16 and wouldn’t mind if baby wanted to come then, that week, or a little bit early at all. However, I won’t hold my breath!
I think that’s all for now. I’m tired and want to go lie down!