The 30 week mark always seems like the final countdown and that pregnancy is more real than ever. 10 weeks left, next week we’re in the single week digit countdown and in the home stretch.
Stuff since 28 weeks:
- Mama’s weight gain -0.1 kg, total 12 kg/26 lbs gained so far
- BP 115-79, HR 74
- FHR 140-146
- Baby measuring 31 cm
- I survived 5 days at Disneyland and two days of travel! Walked about 8-10km per day at the parks and survived (and lost weight!) Napping/resting every afternoon helped out tremendously.
- I feel like baby had a huge growth spurt the last week in particular, but I don’t necessarily see it in the photos
- Baby LOVES to poke my belly button from the inside…the boys never did this and it feels so weird!
- One episode of left sciatic pain when we got home
- No more swelling!
- The Vein is more prominent, but not painful, however down the back right side of my right leg there’s purple veins/spots that look and feel like bruises that are new
- It’s getting harder to roll over in bed and especially to get up…but I’m trying not to complain and think about that too much because there’s still 10-ish weeks left!
- I never see it when I look in the mirror, but in photos I see the return of my inevitable “pregnancy fat face”. Oh well, part of the glamour of it all!
- Nursery set up has officially started: crib, change table, glider in room and our brand new Graco Click Connect 35 has arrived that I’m super excited to review!
Still feeling good, can’t complain. I worked a TON (of night shifts) before Disneyland, obviously had a very busy week while we were there, and I’m ready for life to slow down now. I’m only scheduled to work once per week until the beginning of April and I’m not booking any more shifts after April 15. I’m doubling up on my playschool helper days to be done for the same time and for the same reasons, and I’m okay with that!
I know life is about to change greatly for our family in the next few months, but I’m looking forward to that change. I’ve so enjoyed blogging about pregnancy and family life, and taking a break from the controversy that comes with blogging about agriculture topics. Also ready for a break from all the traveling and speaking I’ve been blessed to experience. I need a change of pace and even though it will be crazy…I need it — to focus more on my family!
I had some anxiety/panic creep up on me in a small dose before we left for our trip. Stress from my personal life in my volunteer role on the playschool board, lack of sleep from all my night shifts, and I let worries about labor & delivery sneak into my thoughts. Luckily it didn’t last long and I have been doing really good on the anxiety front, not that it’s (thankfully) ever been a constant in my life.
March, and what feels like spring here in Alberta (though I’m not holding my breath) feel like it’s just around the corner. Looking so very forward to this spring. If this baby comes around when Braden did, I have 10+ weeks left, if this baby comes around when Ethan did, I only have 7+ weeks!!!