One week into the third trimester already…again! I feel this pregnancy is going by at a nice pace. I cannot believe that almost 6 months have gone by since we found out we were pregnant, though. That’s a bit shocking! Oops…should really have gotten my flash out and not gotten so lazy with my pictures!
Things since my 26 weeks update:
- Had another appointment. The nurse never tells my BP/what I’m measuring/baby’s heartbeat and I didn’t bother to ask. (Sorry, third baby!) All is well, that’s what I assume!
- I’ll have another appointment in only 3 weeks to get me on track for 30 weeks, then I believe I will have another at 34 weeks and then weekly appointments until baby comes, if I recall correctly
- I passed my gestational diabetes test and my hemoglobin is holding strong at 125
- I’ve had one night of mild lower back spasms — just when I’d stand up my back would ‘pinch’ but then be fine
- Two separate nights of left sciatic annoyance (can’t call it pain, really)
- I worked 4 night shifts over last weekend (actually, 5 shifts in 6 nights) and that’s my last biggest stretch before baby
- Going to Disneyland on Tuesday for a week with the family — very excited and promising that I’ve not been in pain like I was worried at 24 weeks
- Baby is very, very active just like Ethan
- The Vein is there. Definitely there and definitely bigger. I can see prominent and spider veins on the back of my right leg and by my ankles…grrrrrr. But it’s not painful, so whatever.
- I’ve had regular episodes of foot cramps – ouch!
- Very first episode of swelling, just on my right ankle (The Vein), from working a 12 hour night shift. Time for compression stockings.
I’m feeling really good. Truly, I am. Reading my 28 week update with Ethan and I was already feeling pretty achy and painful, especially after work. That hasn’t happened yet, but also the (often) slower pace of a night shift has helped. I have a 12 hour day shift coming up at the beginning of March and one near the end that I am absolutely dreading…but it’s just two days, I’ll be fine. As of right now I have 4 shifts booked in March and none in April. Regardless, I’ll be going off work for baby and for seeding (same thing this year!) about April 15 at 37 weeks, though I don’t anticipate really working too much by then anyway. I will not qualify for maternity/EI leave this baby anyway, and that’s okay with me. They take so much with taxes that it’s almost not worth it.