I did a lot of traveling these last two weeks and it all went really well. My body is holding up and I finally got a massage in and it was glorious!
New things since 24 weeks:
- Baby is just under 2 lbs and is 14″ long or so, about the size of a large cucumber and starting to practice breathing
- Completely craving fruit, especially citrus and sour fruit! Cannot get enough navel oranges and I’m eating grapefruit for the first time in my life!
- Need to be more wary of wearing proper footwear, cannot wear boots or nothing at all in the house if I’m going to be on my feet for extended periods — I pay for it
- Took the boys with Jay to West Edmonton Mall water park (on bare feet for hours!) and it was a blast, but hurt!
- The Vein isn’t causing me grief and pain like my last update, but it is big, prominent and getting worse in the looks department. I don’t care as long as it doesn’t get painful!
- Had a very slight little pinkish/red bleed a couple of nights ago, I feel like maybe a tiny vessel burst in there or something but I had no pain or contractions and me and baby are fine, nothing since
- I did my Neonatal Resuscitation Program course this week and it was freaky doing scenarios when babies were born around 24-28 weeks! It’s something I pray about daily that we will get to full-term (37 weeks) before baby come. Every single day is such a blessing to be pregnant
- I still haven’t done my diabetes test…oops
- Baby very very active this last week, did somersaults for 3 days straight, I swear!
- I finally have a gender vibe — more on that below!
Getting strong girl vibes. I don’t know what it is in particular, whether it was my friend Marie messaging me telling me I was carrying different, more “round” and not pointy this time (she’s known me since we were pregnant together with our firsts 6 years ago), or if it’s my desire to buy newborn girl zip up jammies any time I’m in the local consignment store (cannot pass up a $2.95 practically brand new jammies!). I’ve never craved citrus like this before, lots of things are very different…lots of things are the same. Is it because it could be a girl? Because I’m 6 years older (and more worn out!) than my first pregnancy? Who knows but we are so excited to meet this baby in due time. Third trimester next weekend and about 14ish weeks to go, give or take!
I always feel like it’s a sign when I pick my baby’s nursery themes and Carter’s has exactly what I want! Newborn fox sleeper if we have a boy and a newborn lavender owl onesie if we have a girl — perfect!