Oh life has been so busy with Grandma passing away, I didn’t think I’d have time to get this posted. 24 weeks 3 days today and I’m feeling really good…but I sure wasn’t earlier in the week.
New things since my 22 week update:
- Had another prenatal appointment: BP 105/55 (normal for me)
- FHR 140
- Measuring 23-24 cm
- Had a med student that was flabbergasted as to why we are not finding out the gender of this baby…she asked about 5 times and couldn’t understand why we wouldn’t want to know. Oh well.
- I brought up “the vein” on my right leg and, as I suspected, there’s nothing we can do; delivering the baby will help…but we’re nowhere ready or wanting that to happen! (see more below)
- I went shopping all afternoon one day last week and I was so sore. My pelvis really hurt that day, and so did my feet. The next day I worked a 12 hour day shift and with all that time on my feet, I was toast that evening
- I felt a distinct baby hand/foot/elbow or poky thing of sorts and it REALLY creeped me out — it was so tiny!
- Belly button is a full outie as you can see below
- Time for my gestational diabetes test…they wouldn’t let me do it at work as I guess I would ‘cheating’ metabolizing sugar. Sigh. There’s an upcoming 1.5 hours of my life I’ll never get back…
- I know it doesn’t look like it on my pictures, I didn’t even edit them, but my skin has been horribly lately…acne go away, I’m almost 33!
So, back to that vein. I could hardly walk on it after two full days of walking/being on my feet. I kid you not. I had a bath, but that made it worse, because of the vasodilation I assume. Oops. I have veins (seriously, stop reading if you’re not ready for full disclosure of my pregnancy woes…just keeping it real) from my groin (yes, like right down there, without fully naming said anatomy), all the way down the top of my thigh, twisting and turning and getting lumpy and bumpy, continuing down my knee and now appearing at my ankles. My right leg looks like an old grandma’s leg, no offense grandmas of the world, but it does and it’s so gross and can be so painful.
I did a little reading and came across this blog post and it was exactly how I felt, but luckily just for the one evening so far. Exercise is supposed to help, so I’ve started my prenatal Pilates again and have felt great since. I’ll watch how much I’m on my feet and do lots of stretches and put my feet up as often as I can, just to be safe. I’m almost certain I should buy and will need a support belt as I get bigger to take as much pressure as I can off my pelvis and those veins! Apparently this is more common with multips (women who have had multiple pregnancies) so I’ll just keep an eye out and hope for the best!
I’m traveling a lot the last 2 weeks of January, not working at the hospital that much, then I’ll be working more in February and we’re going on a surprise vacation that I’ll share more information on soon!
P.S. Life got too crazy and I didn’t get my massage…isn’t going to happen for another couple of weeks…it could be worse, way worse!