Oh the 21st week of pregnancy did not treat me well! My nurse immunity ran out (I hardly ever get sick) and the immuno-suppression of pregnancy kicked in big time. I was sick on Christmas Eve with awful (non-pregnancy) nausea, but luckily no vomiting, and was very lethargic. You can read more about our crazy December here.
New things since my 20 week update:
- Started getting Braxton Hicks contractions more regularly when doing housework, especially bending over to clean the tub and vacuuming
- Starting to feel the strains of a growing belly…pulling, heaving, lifting are getting hard
- Braden felt baby kick and said “what is the baby doing to me!?”
- Girls are sore AGAIN…seriously, enough!
- NAUSEA IS GONE! I REPEAT: NAUSEA IS GONE! Other than when I had that stomach bug, no more pregnancy nausea!
- SI joints are starting to get stiff, but not painful
- I gain all my pregnancy weight in my buns/thighs…I don’t know how women can wear their normal pants during pregnancy, I tried to wear regular scrub pants at work and I was so uncomfortable. So not worth it — back to yoga pants I go!
- Belly button is mostly out, but definitely not as prominent this early on as with Ethan
- Curly hair because I forgot to book an appointment and it’s too long in the back on my neck! I think pregnancy has made it even more curly!
- Random eczema patches continue to pop up, latest is under my wedding rings, so I’m not wearing them right now until it clears up!
Now that things are slowing down in life, I’m going to take time to relax and start prepping baby’s nursery. Ethan is sleeping full-time in his new shared room with Braden and the transition has gone really well. Just yesterday I moved all of Ethan’s clothes over and a bit of his artwork into their room and it all fits! They are so pleased to each have a side of the closet, their own hampers and each gets an under bed drawer for their socks and underwear! I’m so happy that they are happy to share a room, it has gone so well for my boys!
I’m also going to have a massage before my 24 week update! It’s going to happen, people! I only have one 12 hour night shift this week and one 12 hour day shift the week after and I’m going to enjoy a much slower paced January. I do some traveling to Manitoba and Edmonton the 3rd week of January to finish off my speaking engagements before baby.
When dropping off a bag of clothes that the boys have outgrown and maternity stuff I no longer need/want at our consignment store today, I couldn’t help pick up 3 newborn girl sleepers and a few newborn girl sleep sacks. Just in case! I can take them right back in case we have another boy!