This is one of my favorite go-to recipes year round. It’s easy, I would consider it fairly healthy and we all love it! Sweet BBQ sauce with some crunch from the celery and baked in the oven — yum! Another meal I’ve stolen from my mother-in-law’s wonderful itinerary of recipes!
- Chicken thighs - about 9
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp mustard
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Cook chicken thighs in oil on frying pan until brown.
- Prepare sauce with the rest of the ingredients in a medium saucepan on stove and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place chicken thighs in shallow pan or casserole dish & cover with sauce.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes, basting occasionally.
- May add water to sauce if too thick.
I love this with rice or some mashed potatoes and a veggie and they go great with potato rolls! Short and sweet, there ya have it!
Latest posts by Sarah Schultz (see all)
- I’m a Nurse and I Don’t Like Giving You Health Advice - February 13, 2019
- Potty Training the Last Child - January 23, 2019
- Curly Girl Method | 1 Month Update - December 25, 2018