I can’t believe that nearing the end of this week, I was halfway done with Ethan, who was born at 37 weeks 4 days gestation. It blows my mind that if baby brother or sister follows in his footsteps, I’m already at the halfway point! Regardless I cannot believe it’s December and I cannot believe we’re at 18 weeks.
New stuff since 16 weeks:
- Stronger baby kicks and could feel tiny kicks from the outside at 17 weeks
- Baby gets very active with eggnog…and in the evenings
- Baby is about 5.5″ long, weighs 5.5 oz and is the size of a pear
- The nausea is STILL present but the frequency is really low, but when it hits it’s very strong
- I’ve definitely had stronger waves of tired
- Achy belly/round ligament pain after a day trip traveling to Saskatoon that has lasted 2 days
- Anatomy scan is in 8 days!
- Cutting down on the crap food, which is really hard during the holidays
- My left knee, which has been injured in the past, is really sore when I kneel down and stand up
- Girls are sore and starting to produce a bit, not colostrum yet, but the beginnings
- Backed up and sick of it
- The vein on top of my right leg that I mentioned last time and have had issues with in the past, is going distal down my knee and onto my lower leg. It’s so gross and looks awful and is a bit painful on my knee now. Will have to get the nurse to look at it at my appointment on Thursday
- I’ve decided that if we have a boy he will have a navy/grey/orange fox nursery and if we have a girl, sticking with “girl Ethan’s” theme of purple/lilac owls
They boys share Braden’s room with the bunk beds about 80% of the time but there’s still the odd night where Ethan will NOT settle, so we take him to go to sleep in his room. I’ll be lenient on this over the holidays, but in the new year, definitely by February I want the boys sharing a room 100% no matter what. They’re going to have to figure it out, how to share a room even if one is being a bit rowdy, because when the baby comes in May-ish there’s no alternative and it’s not fair to them to suddenly have to get used to two huge changes. I know they’ll be fine, it’ll just take some adjusting to and some not-so-great nights of sleep.
I have a ridiculous December schedule and it doesn’t really get less busy through February. I am off to Saskatoon again this week for a 2 day, overnight trip to speak at a conference but I’ll be back in time for Braden’s first school Christmas concert and our playschool bake sale. Oh. That reminds me, I have to bake all day today, do laundry, clean up around here and get things organized as I’m away or working/sleeping all but 1.5 days this week!