I don’t know why, but at my appointment last week and turning 16 weeks pregnant over the weekend got me really excited for baby. I have been excited the whole time, but for some reason my appointment made it feel really real and I think it’s because my doctor said “I’ve known you since before you got married, we worked together, you’ve had your babies…” and it got me all emotional and happy and sappy to have such an amazing and personal connection with the man who has monitored all of my pregnancies and brought both of our babies into the world, and will deliver this one too! Growing a family is so exciting, especially when it’s such a personal experience with a great doctor.
Here’s some new things since my last 14 week update:
- My BP up a bit for my usual 120/68, but still very good
- FHR 152, heard for the first time in an appointment
- Fundal height 15 cm
- Baby was VERY active, could hear the heartbeat and a lot of “swooshes” meaning kicks from baby!
- Baby is about 4.5″ long this week, about the size of an avocado or navel orange
- I am feeling baby move more regularly, but I wouldn’t be surprised if my placenta was anterior (in the front) cushioning movements, because I could feel Ethan regularly at 14 weeks and felt him kick on the outside at 17 weeks!
- I have gained 4.6 kg/10 lbs and I’m happy with that, I don’t worry about my weight too much in my pregnancies
- STILL nauseous every day, but still less frequent
- Huge wave of tired yesterday, laid down after church and had a good nap!
- Anatomy scan is December 15 – 3 weeks away and next appointment 2 days after it
- We are “Team Green”, meaning we won’t find out the gender of the baby at the ultrasound, it will be a surprise in the delivery room just like big brothers!
- Loving raspberries and yogurt right now, need to start eating healthier foods…but I still love the fizziness of pop/Italian sodas lately!
I’m generally feeling very good, but want the nausea to hit the road for good. Belly needs to grow some more to fit into most maternity shirts that I have, but I’m also in no rush for that! Ethan has been super super snuggly lately and has started to talk about the baby a bit, asking “when’s baby coming?” and “baby’s growing?” as he notices my belly getting bigger. Speaking of belly, if you look at the picture above you can definitely notice the ‘crater’ where my belly button is…pretty soon that baby is gonna pop out like it always does!
Until next time!