At exactly the time this blog post is published at 10:16 AM, 2 years ago your were born! On 10/16 at 10:16 we found out for the 2nd time “it’s a boy!” and we’ve been head over heels ever since! This is the last monthly update! For both my kids I have done monthly updates for their first two years and then they get biannual updates. I cannot believe my youngest is two! He was reading his new George books and could not be bothered to look at me.
- No big changes: 2T pants and 3T shirts and jammies
- Poor guy’s appetite has been non-existent lately with a combination of having extremely busy harvest suppers where he’d rather play than sit down to eat (I pick my battles) and more so due to having his 2nd bout of tonsillitis and an ear infection
- 7:30-7:30/8 for nighttime, it’s vastly improved! He’s actually starting to sleep in!
- Naps from 1-4 every day and it’s glorious!
- Still won’t car seat nap
- Can survive the day without a nap but it just really wears him out
- A “not milestone” was that potty training just didn’t happen, but we’ll try in January when we get back from Maui!
- Saying short sentences. My favourite is when he says “where is it?” and then he says “there it is!”
- Unfortunately, as I mentioned, he had his 2nd bout of tonsillitis in 4 months and a right ear infection, poor kid he was so sick 🙁
- He will say “nom nom” when he’s hungry and he knows how to open the pantry and ask for a snack
Ethan’s favourite thing in this world, other than his family, is Curious George. I cannot wait to throw him his Curious George birthday party next weekend (the 25th) and share all the details with you. He also likes watching Thomas and Toopy and Binoo is his favourite on Treehouse, he will say “Binoo? Binoo?” when he hears the theme music.
Ethan is definitely a strong-willed little boy, but he’s kind and he loves to snuggle, especially when he’s tired and sick. Unfortunately, on the flip side, he is starting to push and tackle and be a bit of a brute that way. I had to give him a little swat when Braden and him were having shower and Ethan wouldn’t stop pushing Braden. I yelled “NO!” to try to snap him out of it a few times, took his hand and gently stopped him but he just wasn’t getting it. He “got it” after that little swat though.
Can’t you just tell how much he wanted these pictures done? I had high hopes for some nice pics of him for his 2nd birthday on a beautiful fall day in his new western shirt and cowboy boots…but—2 year olds!
You really love your brother and he loves you too. You shared an affinity for not wanting me to take your photos this day!
Happiest of birthdays to you, my sweet Ethan! I cannot believe 2 years ago you came in a surprise about 3 weeks early at a tiny 6 lbs 5 oz and now you’re well over 30 lbs! It’s truly a miracle that you and your brother were sent to us from God and we’ve loved watching you grow and thrive. We pray that you will grow a heart for God and learn to love people the way that Jesus loves you. Here’s a collage of your birthday photo shoot!
Latest posts by Sarah Schultz (see all)
- Currently - August 14, 2017
- I Don’t Have Go-With-the-Flow Babies, And That’s Okay - August 5, 2017
- Jonathan is 15 Months Old! - July 30, 2017