In case you missed my post last week on some of the things I struggle with as a farm wife, one of those things was that the weather dictates our lives on the farm and it makes it REALLY hard to plan things. This is probably why none of us kids have September babies and there’s only 1 May baby and her parents don’t actively work on the farm. It was my father-in-law’s birthday last week and he and the other farmers could not commit to a day to celebrate his birthday. The weather was nice, they needed to get as much of the crops sprayed as they could before the rain that was hopefully coming in the forecast. As I chatted with my mother-in-law one night, she said that he wouldn’t decide which day to have the party, and while this didn’t surprise us, it also didn’t worry me. I offered to host his party to show how easy it can be to host a last minute party.
We got word that on his actual birthday, last Wednesday, we were just going to have his birthday dinner here no matter what the weather was like. The food was bought the day before so now all I had to do was tidy up my kitchen and prepare for our guests. I set up our iPad to take a time lapse video of us preparing for the party and I apologize that the bottom left of the frame showing our iPad case. I thought I had checked for this and unfortunately you only get one shot at a time lapse.
Tips For Last Minute Party Planning
- Have the food bought before hand and plan a meal that easy to prep within a few hours
- Call on family and friends to help
- Do as much prep beforehand as possible: my mother-in-law had the cake baked, she just needed to ice it
- Have a stash of party supplies: plastic utensils and paper plates if it makes life easier, birthday cake candles, napkins, decorations if you please
- Smudge-Proof your kitchen! I knew the party was going to be within a few days so I did a really good cleaning a few days before and just had to tidy up the day of
A lot of people ask me how exactly the Smudge-Proof works with the Frigidaire Gallery® and Frigidaire Professional® products, and it works because their stainless-steel appliances have a new anti-smudge technology that resists those little fingerprints and is easier to clean than traditional stainless steel surfaces. It uses high-grade stainless steel coated with layers of polymers, resulting in a sleek, beautiful stainless steel finish that is both durable and resistant to fingerprints. It’s really really easy to clean too, all you need is a damp paper towel.
Disclosure: I am part of the Frigidaire Canada Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.