I love comfort food and I’ve found the perfect slow cooker beef stew that I needed to share with you! The beauty thing about this beef stew is that you can just throw all the ingredients in a freezer bag for a really easy meal freezer meal for another day, or of course you can just throw all the ingredients into your slow cooker and let it simmer all day for a really hearty beef stew for supper!
- 1 pound beef stew cubes
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into large cubes
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 small package frozen green peas
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker; mix together.
- Turn slow cooker on low and let cook all day, approximately 6-8 hours (or longer) will do.
- Place all ingredients except potatoes in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag.
- Mix together and zip bag closed.
- When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours.
- Cut up potatoes and add the contents of the bag to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7-10 hours.
Recipe adapted from Six Sister’s Stuff
I paired these with Magpie’s Crockpot Dumplings and they were awesome! The dough is a bit thick and heavy and it doesn’t seem like dumpling dough to me, but they were really great! I didn’t cover my slow cooker with tinfoil like she did and it worked just fine too.
Latest posts by Sarah Schultz (see all)
- The Ultimate Parenting Hack | Online Grocery Shopping - April 11, 2019
- How to Grow Dahlias - April 3, 2019
- Curly Girl Method | 4 Month Update - March 26, 2019