A year and a half. Tomorrow he’ll be closer to two than he is to one. Wow. This month he had a major transition from “baby” to “toddler”, we feel! I have been SO busy and I’m hosting Easter this weekend, so next week after a fresh hair cut, I will take Ethan’s 18 month photos!
- I cannot believe what a little chunk he is! 2T everything now…even the 24 month clothing is starting to get a big snug!
- Size 5 shoes, probably size 6 soon
- Soon will be out of some of his size medium FuzziBunz and I will go to the mediums that are really “large”
- I think he will be in 18 month swim trunks for summer, I laugh because Braden wore 12-18 month swim diapers until he was 2!
- We finally turned a big corner and he was eating EVERYTHING and ANYTHING we put in front of him. Our secret? Letting him feed himself. We would just help him get his food on his fork and voila! He would eat.
- He’s been sick off and on the last couple of weeks, just not “himself” so his appetite has decreased
- He has a new found love of drinkable yogurt…but he doesn’t understand that he can only have 1 per day, so his new morning ritual after his yogurt is to whine and fuss at the fridge in hopes of getting more. Fun times!
- Starting to drink more smoothies, which is awesome, because he STILL will not eat any fruit other than bananas unless they are in a smoothie
- No major changes. Bedtime 7PM wake time 7AM pretty consistently now. Sometimes he’s up at 6:30 and sometimes he sleeps until 8 or more (very rarely)
- Naps 2-3 hours in the afternoon usually from about 12-3. Ideally I’m trying to get him down between 12:30 and 1:00 but some days when he’s not feeling well I can barely keep him up until 11:00!
- Officially on 1 nap a day, the odd time he wakes up early from a nap we’ll usually put him down around 3:30 for up to an hour of “quiet time” or just to let him rest and he does very well with that
- Continues to fall asleep in his car seat which gives me high hopes for our annual summer vacation to BC! (8 hour road trip)
- Not saying many words but is definitely trying to imitate them. He can say a version of “tractor” and “Thomas” now
- Can climb onto our big chairs
- Can’t really walk outside…he’s kinda weirded out by it, hehehe
- Getting more snuggly, which I’m just fine with
- Signed “please”…but just once. Definitely not big on signing…more so on whining!
- He became a big cousin 🙂
Ethan is so different than Braden and I just love seeing him grow and change. I’m excited for the summer when he will likely be in a “better” stage at 20-21 months. Right now at 18 months he is DEFINITELY in one of my least favorite stages with the “I can run away so I will” thing. This was my least favorite age with Braden to date because they are too young to listen, certainly too young to discipline, and they’re just crazy little toddlers wanting to get into anything and everything. Sure this age has so many (many more!) good things about it–the language explosion, the exploring, discovering new things, interacting with Braden and his cousins!
He really loves books. Really, REALLY loves them, perhaps even more than Braden did at this age which I didn’t think was possible. Any time Ethan is kind of a mess, I take him to his room, read him a few books and it calms him down and we’re good to go! Love spending that time with him.
Latest posts by Sarah Schultz (see all)
- Ham and Potato Soup - February 14, 2018
- Pediatric Migraines & Chiropractic | Does It Really Help? - February 5, 2018
- Jonathan is 21 Months Old! - January 30, 2018