I distinctly remember 17 months as “the” age I disliked the most with Braden. He was the ring bearer in my brother’s wedding and he was just running away, so busy, and all over the place all the time! It was a frustrating age for us because of course they’re not expected to listen, they don’t really understand “no”, and you can’t discipline yet. Ethan is just starting to get to this same phase. Oy!! But look how cute!
- No change here, in 2T everything except some pants
- Can we please fast forward through the “I don’t want to eat anything, even the things I like” phase?
- Pretty much on a carbs & dairy diet. He will eat: oatmeal (I sneak fruit in there), pancakes/French toast/waffles (always), grilled cheese, yogurt, and crackers of course
- The odd time he will eat what we’re eating…he really likes to feed himself, but he is so wishy washy with this
- Does not spit up anymore, hallelujah!
- Bedtime still 6:30-7 and wakes up 6:30-7, odd time later than 7
- Adjusted to spring forward time change well
- Adjusting to 1 nap a day, odd time he’ll still have 2 naps
- Likes to go down early for his nap at 10 and will nap 2.5-3 hours; trying to push him to stay up until at least 11
- Starting to sleep in car seat more
- WALKING!!!! Happy dance! Walking more and more every day. I’d say he is about 80% walking and 20% crawling; he’s still very cautious
- Calls Jay “Dad” and me “Mom”, terribly cute!
- Says nigh nigh, nom nom, yum, wow, “yis” (yes), Gus
- I was wrong about his teeth, NOW he has all of them poking through, so teething is pretty much done until 2 year molars
- Playing outside on the deck with Braden—he just loves it!
I can’t say enough, as I’m sure you can see, he’s just so stinkin’ cute. He doesn’t only look cute, he acts cute too. Sticking his tongue out, getting so happy, and still “panting” like a happy little puppy. We are starting to call him “Tank” and “Chunk”. He’s not fat, but he is solid…which is why I’m not terribly worried about his food intake….but also why I’m worried about when he starts running and will likely charge into people!
He’s definitely a climber and the more mobile he is, the more trouble he’ll get in. We’ve already caught him sitting on the kitchen table twice, proudly with the remotes in his hands…guess we’ll have to find a new hiding spot for them! I can’t wait to see what this next month brings us…soon he’ll be 18 months—wow!!!