I swore up, down, left, and right that I would never try meal planning because it was something that I didn’t need to do, nor did it interest me. Well, little do you might know…I’ve meal planned for almost the entire month of January! I’ve surprisingly loved it, yet when I think about it I can’t believe that I haven’t done this sooner! I am a little “Monica-esque”, for my fellow Friends fans out there, and I got to make a meal-planning binder to organize my meal planning! I bought a 1″ binder from Target with page dividers and found these AWESOME free printables and I knew it was meant to be when they matched my binder!
Here’s the things that I’ve done for my meal planning:
- Purchase: 1″ binder, page dividers, & page protectors
- Print: Cover sheet, weekly planning sheets, favorite recipes sheet, recipes to try sheet
- Gather Recipes: I wrote down all of my favorites, put the recipes I had printed out already into protective covers and placed them in my binder, scoured the interwebs and websites like Life Made Delicious for new recipes to try
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
- 10-12 chicken drumsticks or 24 wings (tips removed) if you prefer
- In large bowl mix all ingredients except chicken drumsticks.
- Add chicken; toss gently to coat & *place in 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on high heat setting 4 to 5 hours or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone.
- Place in oven and broil for extra-sticky chicken if desired.
Recipe adapted from LifeMadeDelicious.ca
Do you meal plan too? Have any tips to share with me and the rest of the readers?