I swore up, down, left, and right that I would never try meal planning because it was something that I didn’t need to do, nor did it interest me. Well, little do you might know…I’ve meal planned for almost the entire month of January! I’ve surprisingly loved it, yet when I think about it I can’t believe that I haven’t done this sooner! I am a little “Monica-esque”, for my fellow Friends fans out there, and I got to make a meal-planning binder to organize my meal planning! I bought a 1″ binder from Target with page dividers and found these AWESOME free printables and I knew it was meant to be when they matched my binder!
Here’s the things that I’ve done for my meal planning:
- Purchase: 1″ binder, page dividers, & page protectors
- Print: Cover sheet, weekly planning sheets, favorite recipes sheet, recipes to try sheet
- Gather Recipes: I wrote down all of my favorites, put the recipes I had printed out already into protective covers and placed them in my binder, scoured the interwebs and websites like Life Made Delicious for new recipes to try
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
- 10-12 chicken drumsticks or 24 wings (tips removed) if you prefer
- In large bowl mix all ingredients except chicken drumsticks.
- Add chicken; toss gently to coat & *place in 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on high heat setting 4 to 5 hours or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone.
- Place in oven and broil for extra-sticky chicken if desired.
Recipe adapted from LifeMadeDelicious.ca
Do you meal plan too? Have any tips to share with me and the rest of the readers?
Latest posts by Sarah Schultz (see all)
- Where Do You Buy Curly Girl Products in Canada? - December 10, 2018
- How to Start the Curly Girl Method - December 8, 2018
- Pre-Christmas Getaway in Banff | Mountaintop Christmas - December 5, 2018