If you’ve known me for any length of time, you’ve probably picked up on the fact that I change my hair all the time. I had to laugh as I looked through my 40 weeks of belly pictures when I was pregnant with Braden because my hair changed as much as my belly did! Just a couple of weeks ago I decided to chop a considerable amount of my hair off. I wanted to keep it dark, add some highlights and this picture of Mandy Moore was my inspiration. Here’s what I ended up, if you haven’t seen on Instagram:
I really, really like it. It takes minutes to do, it’s easy, not too short for me, and the texture is pretty awesome. Going back over the last 10 years of some of the different ways I’ve had my hair I can definitively say that I will never go 100% “bleach” blonde again (too much work, I’m too “old” for it now!) and I will never try to grow out my hair. Sorry, Jay! I might grow it to my chin and play with a bit more length or layers or different colors…but I’m never going back to most of these styles…
- University 2004, pretty long for my hair!
- A summer wedding 2005 this was the first time my hair was darker with blonde highlights
- Chopped my hair off that winter and went more blonde
- Spring 2007 decided to grow for our wedding
- 1 week before our wedding, very long and blonde!
- The only up-do I’ve ever had in my life for my SIL’s wedding
- The typical post-wedding hair CHOP! Maui 2008
- Suuuuuuuuuper “Vegas” blonde in the winter 2008
- February 2009 in Thailand, wavy vacation hair
- Darker and curly for my brother’s wedding in 2011
- My hair has mostly been like this for the “in between” styles – blonde highlights, bangs, chin-length
- Wanted to go a bit darker a year ago
So there you have it. The many hair styles of Sarah. I’m more confident and happy with my shorter hair, I always have been. I don’t feel like “me” when I try to grow my hair, it’s never ever looked good pulled back/in a pony tail as my hair is very fine and thin, and I feel like I am hiding behind longer hair. I have a narrower, thin (except when I’m pregnant!) face and I feel like short hair suits me better. What say you, blog readers?