FOURRRRRRRR!!!! We have a 4 year old! I will never forget the day he was born a minute before 8AM after laboring for the last half of the night/early morning. I hope I never forget the details of his birth day. May it be a little bit less threenager-ish than three! I gotta say three was just fine, but he definitely had/has the sass of a teenager at times and can be very emotional and quite sensitive too. Deep down he is still a very sweet and gentle-natured little boy with a soul that loves to love. Looking back at his 3.5 year old update I cannot believe how much he has filled out! I did another interview with him just like I did last year and he did really well:
If you didn’t watch the video or catch all of his answers, hopefully you can read them here on this pic!
Here’s some more of what’s up with our four year old!
- Weight: TBA (we don’t have a scale!)
- Wearing 4T tops and jeans! (This is the first time in his life he was in a pant size long before he turned the age!)
- Finally wearing 4T/5T underwear
- Size 8 shoes, can wear some size 9
- Sleeps from 7:30-6:30 and plays in his room in the morning until I get him up
- Will sleep in the car seat when he’s really tired and falls asleep on the couch the odd time
- Loves church, Sunday School, singing Sunday School songs, praying, and learning about Jesus
- He still has his “toddler lisp” and cannot say his “th” sounds and “l’s” for example it’s still “Efan”, not Ethan, and “Wukey” not Lukey
- He also doesn’t always pronounce his ‘t’ and ‘m’ sounds, he’ll say “bup” instead of but and “Chris-niss” instead of Christmas
- I understand him well but when he gets talking really fast not everyone can understand him (he talks a lot!)
- Started playschool in the fall and LOVES it
- Started CanSkate skating lessons this winter and did not like it at first but just last week he started taking strides and skating – he’s improved so much and passed Pre-CanSkate and got his first ribbon
- He does still love Mighty Machines, he uses our Apple TV and Netflix by himself and also loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Transformer Rescue Bots. He goes through phases of liking Thomas, but definitely not as much as before
- His favorite movie right now is Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 and the end scenes of The Lone Ranger – LOVES The Lone Ranger
- Speaking of which, he loves to play “Lone Ranger” with Ethan running around our house shouting “hi ho, Silver!”
- Absolutely loves books. Our Curious George set is well-read, loves Pete the Cat, the Llama Llama books, and Tractor Mac
- Eating can still be a battle off and on but he’s clearly growing, we always make him have a few bites and never force it – he seems to eat a TON and then not so much, very phasey.
- Has a drinkable yogurt every morning, then a vitamin, then his oatmeal (the dinosaur egg one!), and his milk – he’s a creature of habit for sure
- Favorite foods are yogurt, macaroni and cheese, broccoli, perogies, Itchiban (noodle soup), pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, bananas, grapes. Not fond of grilled cheese or pizza, really!
- We still discipline with time outs, but do the “1…2…3” first and it almost always works
Happy Birthday, Braden! We love you!