Well, we’re definitely in the toddler phase and not the baby phase anymore. Other than the fact that there’s no unassisted toddling going on! (Lazy baby!)
- He’s outgrowing some 18-24 month clothes and is even in some 2T jammies!
- Just like his brother he’s behind in the pants department – 12 month fit perfectly and he can wear 18 month but he trips on the legs that are too long
- Ugh. We’ve entered the picky-toddler eating phase
- He’s getting sick of bananas in the morning so we only do 1/2 a banana and a full peanut butter toast. He’s also over his Cheerios
- Foods I know he likes he’s starting to refuse, just because he can
- Kraft Dinner and pancakes are his favorite foods by far
- He still spits up once or twice a week, usually when he’s tired and he’s had too much milk
- He can drink from a straw now
- He loves is Squishy Snack Packs to eat his yogurt and I’m going to start pureeing fruit for him again so he actually eats it!
- Still won’t eat any fruit in ‘solid form’ other than bananas…and he actually doesn’t care for veggies that much either unless they’re minced
- He’s getting better about feeding himself, often he prefers to feed himself and won’t let us help him
- Bedtime is 6:30-7:00 and he sleeps anywhere from 11.5 hours – 13 hours – almost always up at 6:30 for the day but sometimes goes back to sleep until 7:30.
- He’s weaning down to 1 nap per day…but he still needs 2. He goes down way too early between 9-10 or so and is up between 11-12 & 6-7 hours of wake time in the afternoon – none of us can take it!
- We always put him down by 3 in hopes for a 2nd nap or at least quiet time where he happily plays in his crib – better than him being super crabby
- Still has not slept in car seat since the summer. I think he’d have to be awake for a good 6+ hours to even consider falling asleep in the car seat
- Cut his top left molar and just cut his top right molar today! I’m sure there’s even more coming but he will rarely let me in to see/feel!
- Running everywhere with his walker – it’s pretty cute! He can even walk with one hand pushing
- Standing on his own for a few seconds at a time, but only when close to something to stabilize him and when he thinks we’re not looking
- Will not stand on his own to practice taking steps to us. Darn right refuses and gets super frustrated 🙂
- Signs “done” consistently but every time I try to film it he gets grumpy because he’s already done it and figures he shouldn’t have to ask twice to be done, hehe
- Babbles constantly but still won’t look at us and call us “mama” and “dada”. He can say the words, but doesn’t associate us with them
- Uses EVERYTHING as a walker. This guy clearly wants to walk…but he won’t! He pushes chairs, his high chair, toys, DVD cases – you name it – on the floor to help him walk but just won’t on his own
- Had his 4th hair cut
Ethan longingly looks to go outside, but we’ve had such a cold winter that he rarely gets to go outside for fun. If we do have a nice day it’s often way too windy to go out. He’s still an awesome little guy to have out and about, he’s a people-watcher and happily sits in the shopping cart – he and I had fun shopping Christmas clearance at Target a couple of weeks ago! I’m going to enjoy this phase as long as I can, because if he’s anything like his big brother he’ll be wanting out of the cart and to be running around the store as soon as he’s walking – that should be fun!
Grandma and Papa are on Maui now for their annual trip and we were invited to go this year, but I’m really glad that we decided to stay home. I had visions of Ethan being like Braden, as I just mentioned, and I figured that wouldn’t make for the most fun 6+ hour flight and all day travel to get to vacation! Instead, we will be heading to Maui this time next year and he will be 2 years and 3 months old – just perfect!
Latest posts by Sarah Schultz (see all)
- Every Child Needs Thomas in Their Life - November 18, 2017
- Teach Your Kids To Clean Now & They’ll Thank You Later - November 16, 2017
- The Best Instant Pot Roast You’ll Ever Eat! - November 6, 2017