- He’s out of his Pekkle 18 month 1 piece jammies and into 24 month
- 18-24 month clothing all around, pants are a bit long still
- We had been down to bedtime only breastfeeding for over a month and even when I was home it wasn’t guaranteed he would do it. It was a combination of him being SO distracted, even at bedtime and I’m sure my supply had tanked tremendously from hardly nursing at all anymore and being on birth control again
- Last week we ended our breastfeeding journey
- He still eats his most in the morning – 1/2 to a whole banana, multigrain Cheerios, and sometimes toast or pancakes…or whatever Jay is having he always needs a taste of that too!
- I’m running out of snack ideas. He seems to get spitty with dairy products, but does not have pain that would be associated with an intolerance or allergy. Crackers it is!
- He still won’t eat any fruit but bananas or purees…he just doesn’t like the texture
- Will not feed himself the messy food like spaghetti. I don’t have that “classic” spaghetti face picture because he won’t touch it to eat it!
- He’s typically an 11-11.5 hour per night sleeper (very rarely 12 or more), which is SO odd to me. At this age Braden would sleep a minimum of 13 hours and usually 14 per night!
- Bedtime is anywhere from 6:30-7:30 PM depending on his naps and he always wakes between 6:25-6:40 no matter when he goes to sleep
- He has been napping well lately and toying with the idea of 1 nap per day
- About twice per week he’ll have 1 nap only and handles it surprisingly well…but him being up at 12 or earlier until bedtime…is still hard on all of us!
- He’s been putting out monster 3-4 hour naps lately and it’s been awesome, but he’s very wishy-washy with his naps and then the next week it’ll be two 1.5 hour naps – which still isn’t all that bad!
- He definitely handles being awake longer and usually goes down for his first nap between 9-10 and second nap around 1:30-2
- Walking with his walker is the most exciting! He had been downright refusing until one morning when he seemed so keen I gave it to him and he was SO proud of himself (see video below)
- Scaling everywhere he possibly can to walk, but won’t stand on his own or take any steps independently yet
- Signing for “milk” – ridiculously cute!
- No new teeth but is having all the symptoms, I think his bottom back gums are swollen a bit
- Playing little repetitive games with us – we’ll be in Braden’s room and Ethan will crawl away down the hall, we’ll say “come back here!”, he giggles, we hide, he crawls back to us and we “scare” him and he giggles and giggles, repeat!
- Still loves to dance
Latest posts by Sarah Schultz (see all)
- Ham and Potato Soup - February 14, 2018
- Pediatric Migraines & Chiropractic | Does It Really Help? - February 5, 2018
- Jonathan is 21 Months Old! - January 30, 2018