Okay. Do I even need to tell you how good these are!? Don’t they look awesome? Plus, cheers to drinking eggnog in a Christmas Vacation moose mug! To make these soft, chewy, delectable cookies you will need:
- Baking powder
- Salted butter (at room temperature)
- Safeway Select Gourmet eggnog (any eggnog [even light] will do, but this is the best)
- Egg yolks
- Powdered sugar
Preheat your oven to 300°F (yes it really is that low) and here’s the rest of the recipe, with easy to follow & printable instructions at the bottom of this post.
- Combine the following and set aside: 2¼ cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- Cream 1¼ cups white sugar & ¾ cups salted butter (room temp) and then add in 2 egg yolks and 1 tsp vanilla until well blended & smooth
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir just until combined
- Drop by rounded teaspoon or small cookie scoop onto silicone baking mat-lined or parchment-lined cookie sheets ~1″ apart
- Bake for 17-22 minutes or just until the bottoms are starting to brown
- Remove immediately from cookie trays to cooling rack as we don’t want these to keep cooking on the trays
When all of your cookies are baked and cooled you can make your icing!
- In a small mixing bowl beat 1½ cups of powdered sugar with 2 tbsp salted butter (or margarine if you prefer) until blended
- Gradually beat in eggnog until desired consistency (can add more or less to suit your needs)
- Decorate cookies by drizzling icing from a piping bag (or cut a tiny hole in the corner of a Ziploc bag!) or paint the whole cookie top with icing
- Sprinkle with nutmeg if desired
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup Safeway Select Gourmet eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- ¼ cup Safeway Select Gourmet eggnog (more or less depending on thickness)
- Nutmeg for sprinkling if desired
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well with a whisk and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter with an electric or stand mixer.
- Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat at low speed just until combined.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons or cookie scoops onto silicone baking mats (or parchment paper if you don't have), 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 17-22 minutes or *just* until bottoms turn light brown.
- Transfer to cooling racks immediately with spatula because we don't want these cookies to keep baking.
- Makes about 36 cookies.
- In small mixer bowl, beat the powdered sugar, and butter until well blended.
- Gradually beat in eggnog until icing is smooth and the desired consistency (add more or less depending on your like).
- I find this still makes a LOT of icing whether you drizzle it like I have or you can cover the entire cookie.
- Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg after you ice the cookies if you prefer.
Recipe adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything.
Can I get a woot woot? If you make these, you won’t regret it…well, maybe your calorie count will – but it’s Christmas, enjoy!! If you want to have a good old fashioned Griswold family Christmas, you can find your own awesome moose mugs here.
Latest posts by Sarah Schultz (see all)
- If No One Talks About Mental Health, Nothing Changes - September 20, 2017
- Banana Cream Pie - September 18, 2017
- How This Farm Wife Gets Through Harvest - September 15, 2017