Happy Birthday, Ethan!!!
Weight: 22 lbs 4 oz
- No big changes here and I hope that there won’t be for awhile!
- Almost outgrowing 18 month Pekkle cotton pajamas
- All of big brother’s 18 month winter clothes fit you just fine!
- …and eating…and eating!
- We made it to 1 year of breastfeeding! No formula for this dude. We also successfully weaned down to just 2 breastfeeding sessions per day – morning and bedtime. I had an awful bout of mastitis and I’m praying I don’t get it again!
- Truth is I miss the post-nap nursing sessions…but I really do want to be down to just 2 and clearly my boob is trying to give me a hint or something…
- He eats 2 handfuls of Cheerios in the morning with about 1/3 of a banana and then usually mooches some of Jay’s breakfast
- After his nap he eats cream of wheat with applesauce and cinnamon and if he’s still hungry 1 egg and/or toast (yes, he eats 2 breakfasts!). Then he’ll have various snacks in the day and eats what we do for supper
- Still won’t chew things like strawberries, blueberries, grapes, etc.
- LOVES eggs now
- Spitting up? Has slowed down to almost nothing, even first thing in the morning. I’m certain it’s my breast milk – it’s what makes the most sense. Having said that, just yesterday he had two huge pukes from solid food…so maybe it’s excess drool from teething. Regardless, his spitting has never bothered him or hindered his growth, who knows!
- A slight regression due to teething & milestones and I’m desperately trying to get him to bed at at least 7PM or later with the time change coming up soon!
- Bedtime is 6-6:30 and he’s been waking up between 5-6AM usually in the 5 o’clock hour for 2 weeks now, hoping it’s due to teething and he’ll get better soon!
- Daylight savings is approaching so we’ve ‘made’ him stay up until 7PM every night successfully…but he still wakes between 5-5:30 *shudder*
- Naps are great when he’s feeling great. He’s up for 3 hours (or more if we need to take Braden to playschool) in the morning and almost always naps 2 hours
- He’s up for another 2.5-3 hours and is usually down by 1 and sleeps 1.5-2 hours
- He’s getting back on track now but last week he would be up from his second nap by 1:30-2 and not go back down and he was exhausted and fussy
- We were out of the house a couple of weeks ago for 5 hours total and the little turkey wouldn’t nap on the way home. Sigh.
- 3 more teeth on the bottom – first the right and then the left just yesterday and the right incisor today, for a total of 7 teeth and it looks like the left incisor should be next
- Going from laying/crawling to sitting
- Pulling to a stand
- Walking along furniture
- Hands-and-knees crawling…but only a few “strides” and then army crawls cuz it’s faster and he is SO fast
- Bum dancing – hilarious!
- Exploring all over the house, our 2 baby gates are back up!
- Another haircut
- Sleep disturbance because he can pull up to a stand in his crib…and not get back down. Well he couldn’t, now he can 🙂
A huge milestone month, much?! You have grown LEAPS and BOUNDS just this last month, even last 2 weeks alone! Maybe you’ve heard us calling you Lazy Baby and you don’t wanna have any of that anymore. You sure do like to babble a lot, but still aren’t purposefully calling us mama and dada yet, though you’ve said those sounds a lot. We continue to practice baby sign, clapping, waving, “so big”…but you just smile and laugh at us – you don’t really care yet and that’s fine. You’ll probably reach all these milestones in a burst like you did with your physical movement.
You still are the way you came into this world: surprising us every day, yet still so calm and content. I’ll never forget your birth day and I still cannot believe I had a baby 2.5 weeks early and that my water breaking in bed woke me up in the middle of the night! I’m so happy I have his labor & delivery pictures taken by his godmommy Sam to look back on today. Don’t worry, baby of the family, we have no immediate plans to strip you of your title. We want to soak up as much of you being the baby as we did for Braden. Speaking of Braden? You two are bonding more by the day. He’s just so sweet and caring to you, he has never resented you for one minute. Well, he did ask if we were going to take you back to the “hostible” where you came from a couple of times, but that was an honest/curious question…not out of anger!
Latest posts by Sarah Schultz (see all)
- Ham and Potato Soup - February 14, 2018
- Pediatric Migraines & Chiropractic | Does It Really Help? - February 5, 2018
- Jonathan is 21 Months Old! - January 30, 2018