1 more month. Wow.
Weight: 19 lbs 15 oz (gained 7 oz, but…)
Length: 29 1/4″ – grew 1 1/4″!`
- If summer was still going on…which it kind of is, I’d bust out all of Braden’s 18 month summer clothes, but I’m stretching out the 12 month ones we’ve been using
- Has been wearing Pekkle 18 month sleepers for awhile and almost in Carter’s 18 month
- I’m definitely getting into the “I hate onesies” stage and prefer him in a t-shirt and shorts/pants
- Never wears socks or shoes…ever. I’m going to miss that in fall/winter
- We have successfully weaned from his pre-nap nursings! This is backwards from last month when I was weaning him from his wake-up nursings. It took him a few crappy naps to get used to not nursing before, but now he doesn’t skip a beat and it’s so nice that ANYONE can put him down for a nap
- He nurses when he gets up in the morning, after his 2 naps and before bed, so 4 breastfeeding sessions per day
- Next month I want to be down to morning and bedtime breastfeeding only, unless I’m home and he is showing signs of wanting to nurse after his nap
- He loves and can tolerate whole milk very well. He has an ounce or so before his naps and drinks it with his supper. Probably drinks 6-8 ounces of whole milk per day + water at snack times
- He is a Cheerio vacuum! Multi-grain Cheerios are his favorite snack bar none
- Loves graham crackers, it’s often what I give him when we’re driving and he starts to fuss
- Has just started to eat finger foods on his own now, before he just didn’t like the feeling in his hand, other than crackers/bread
- Loved fresh BC peaches, bananas, watermelon, but won’t eat fruits he has to “chew” like a blueberry or strawberry…he likes mushy fruits
- LOVES tuna casserole
- Eats Cheerios and some banana when he gets up, after his nap he’ll have a bowl of cream of wheat with apples & cinnamon and some graham crackers if still hungry, has a yogurt in the afternoon for a snack, eats anything we do for supper – awesome!
- Has tried but is not fond of eggs & cannot eat toast unsupervised as he shoves it all in his mouth and will gag on his “toast ball” in his mouth. Gross.
- He STILL spits up. When do we get a break? He always spits once or twice after his first nursing session and usually spits up a tiny bit of his supper food because he eats so much!
- Another breakthrough! Finally, at 11 months…he sleeps 12 hours a night, give or take 15 minutes.
- He still goes to bed really early, usually around 6:30
- Wakes at 6-6:30, rarely later than that, is up for barely 2 hours and is asleep by 8:30 for his first nap and he usually sleeps about 2 hours
- If we need to go run errands, then we go right after he eats his cereal and he’s wiped by the time we get home and is down by 1
- This nap is anywhere from 1.5-3.5 hours. Inconsistent much? That’s okay!
- My rule of thumb is if he wakes up before 3, he goes down for another rest/nap and it seems once or twice per week he’ll have a 45 minute third nap. He just needs to increase his wake time and get used to having 2 good naps and staying up longer until bed time (I’m SO scared for fall-back time change!!!)
- Haven’t gone on any road trips so I don’t know how his car seat sleeping would be
- 1 week ago he pulled up to his knees and then stood up! He’s getting better and faster every day – loves to bounce/dance on his knees when he’s up!
- He is sooooooooo close to hands-and-knees crawling but just cannot get the motion! He’ll plank, rock, get on his hands and feet….do anything to not army crawl, but then just gives in and army crawls, which he can do VERY fast right now!
- He can kind of clap, but loves it when we clap to him
- Still no new teeth
Yes…he’s still very much our l a z y baby, but it’s just so a part of who he is. He hits his milestones just fine, but doesn’t push himself. It’s okay…it makes me cherish his babyhood more and more. The only thing that makes me wish he would just crawl is that he gets sooooooo frustrated that he can’t. He grunts, growls, and whines almost every waking moment (that he’s not eating!) because he can’t crawl. Oh well…maybe next month?
This baby LOVES books. He is so engaged in the story already and even giggles when I read to him. He’s crawling all over us and Braden and his favorite thing is to play in his or Braden’s room. With all the toys I have in our common/TV area…he doesn’t really care, loves the bedrooms! He really really loves Braden’s Tonka fire truck and his “Scoop” loader – the bigger toys with wheels and he knows how to spin the wheels and “drive” them.
Latest posts by Sarah Schultz (see all)
- Ham and Potato Soup - February 14, 2018
- Pediatric Migraines & Chiropractic | Does It Really Help? - February 5, 2018
- Jonathan is 21 Months Old! - January 30, 2018