Lots has happened for the little man the last month and he is just a content guy, super happy, and is borderline lazy…I think! I’ll explain why below!
Weight: 16 lbs 15 oz
He actually weighed 17 lbs 15 oz fully dressed with a diaper, so I took away a pound to make it more realistic, and the scales at my doctor’s office are off – I swear! But regardless that’s about another pound or so in a month gained for this little man and 1/2″ grown in length!
- Summer clothes are in our wardrobe and they are all 12 months! Carter’s is the majority of his wardrobe and onesies, shorts, rompers, and creepers fit well with room to grow but shortall sets are still too big
- Still in a lot of 9 month “warmer” clothes and pajamas
- Wearing 6-12 month shoes, if I ever put them on anyway
- Still breastfeeding on demand during the day which is before every nap and after a nap if it’s a long one (2.5+ hours) so about every 3 hours or so
- Started solid foods a few weeks ago
- Has eaten carrots, butternut squash, sweet potato, green beans, mango, bananas, and apples
- He eats them all…I’d say sweet potatoes and bananas are his favorite…but he still doesn’t get excited, he just eats them!
- I’ll slowly introduce a sippy cup of water in the next while, just for practice – not to replace breast milk
- We have done a bit of baby-led weaning, which in short is giving them solid (not pureed) pieces of food and letting them figure out how to eat it. He loved the broccoli and we’ve given him a bread stick. I’m too scared to do much more with him as he gags easily
- He has gotten super spitty again recently and wants to nurse a lot…I think he’s nursing too much because he’s spitting so much, but he’s the boss, not me!
- Bedtime is 7PM, give or take a half hour
- He consistently sleeps 8-10 hours in a row, will quickly eat, and then sleeps anywhere from 1 hour – 2.5 hours more. This means that some nights he sleeps from 7-3, eats, and is up at 4:30. SHOOT ME NOW.
- For the above reason, I am so ready to ditch this last feeding as he is NOT sleeping long enough at night and doesn’t need the feeding for nutrition, I’ll be weaning him from that feed this week and finishing my sleep training. Last night was my first night doing it – he woke up at the 8 hour mark, fussed for 30 minutes and slept almost 2 more hours. I did go in to feed him at 6:15, laid him back down…but he never did go back to sleep. Progress!
- Naps are AWESOME! He’s up for 2-2.5 hours between naps and in the morning he usually sleeps 1 hour 45 mins and then has another 2ish hour nap and then a little 45 minute cat nap in the late afternoon
- If he pulls a big 2.5-3 hour nap, he only has 2 naps for that day and goes to bed a bit early
- For the most part he wakes up at about 6 and I’m super thrilled the odd time he “sleeps in” past 7!!!
- Has started to take short naps in his car seat! There is hope!
- Starting solids
- In convertible car seat now – life changer!
- Actually jumping in the Jolly Jumper!
- Saying “dadada” but not knowing who Dada is yet
- Likes his exersaucer and moves around to all the different activities
- Sitting up in grocery cart
- Honestly…not much else! Ethan is a LAZY baby. Maybe I should reword that and say he’s an extremely content baby. He doesn’t care about moving around. He can roll…but he doesn’t, unless he doesn’t want tummy time anymore
- He can sit unassisted for short periods…but usually ends up folding over or rolling onto his side and laughing hysterically!
Ethan is just the best baby. Braden was great, I can’t find anything to complain about Braden as a baby, but Ethan is just fabulous. When we went to Day Out With Thomas I ended up having to take Ethan with me and I was so scared! He doesn’t like sleeping anywhere but his crib, which means no stroller naps, no car seat naps. BUT that day he did nap in the car seat on the way there and home (albeit very little cat naps) and he even had a 25 minute stroller nap as we walked around! The best part? He doesn’t seem to need to nap when we’re out and about and is super happy and content. It’s not something he could tolerate doing day after day, but it’s nice to know that when I can’t get a babysitter that I can take him with me and it will be okay.
I was reading his 6 month update and with changing over his car seat and the improvement with the weather – it has made us all so much happier, which I had figured it would! He’s finally getting some real vitamin D and he finally doesn’t suffocate if there’s a bit of a breeze (he had always just gasped for air with the wind!). He absolutely loves to watch his big brother play baseball…and just to be around other kids in general. He sure is in no hurry to “keep up” with them, and mommy is just fine with that!
Ethan’s hair is just outta control…but I love it. Don’t worry, I’m not going to cut it, I’ll see how crazy it gets, but he’s definitely getting some wings and on top his hair is almost 2″ long! I think it will really really blond up this summer, just like Braden’s does…and if not this summer, then next!