The Paper Mama is having her 2nd annual self-portrait challenge. One thing I’ve learned about blogging in the last couple of years is that it’s very important to put yourself on your blog so your readers can (hopefully!) connect with you and to especially be able to put a face to the name behind the blog! Like many mommies and bloggers out there…we’re often the ones behind the cameras taking pictures of our kids and our lives…but we don’t often step in front of the camera. I’m very happy to say that there’s been a marked improvement on my behalf in the last couple of years to get in front of the camera, being taking self-portraits or asking family and friends to snap a few pictures for me. I did this post over a year ago and it was my first attempt at taking self-portraits. I think I’ve gotten a lot better about it and even enjoy improving my mad skillz.
So! My new self-portrait for the challenge is below for this year’s challenge and I’m also going to play 11 Things again. Here are the rules:
- Post a photo of yourself
- 2. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
- Create 11 new questions and ask people to answer them.
1. If you HAD to change your name, what would you change it to?
Oh tough question…I’ve always been in love with my name but since I HAVE to…I pick Princess Consuela Bananahammock.
2. Are you a collector of anything?
I collect cute baby boys. Seriously though…I collect Essie nail polish. It’s getting bad.
3. What is your first thought when you wake up?
Why am I getting up at 5AM AGAIN! And the obvious – where’s the coffee?!
4. Do you prefer sweet or salty foods?
Both…together at the same time, enter: Pay Days!
5. Name one thing you miss about being a kid.
Being able to sleep whenever and however long I wanted. Sigh.
6. Are you a morning or night person?
Night all the way…which makes it hard to be forced into being a morning person!
7. List 5 items on your life’s to-do list:
- Go to Africa
- Own a Mustang or a Camaro
- Take my kids to Disneyland (many times!)
- Always make my family a priority – lots of family trips, camping, to the cabin, etc.
- Take a girl’s trip to New York or some other city my husband doesn’t want to go!
8. Share one thing that people may not know about you.
I almost didn’t make it into university. If it weren’t for my Grandma seeing an advertisement for the rural nursing program I don’t know what career path I’d be on right now. God is good!
9. What is your all time favorite song, movie, and book?
Song(s) – “Making Memories of Us” (sentimental value, our wedding song) and “Livin’ On a Prayer” for a party song
Movie – Silence of the Lambs
Book – To Kill a Mockingbird and I loved The Shack
10. Do you have any hidden talents?
Nope, I don’t have a party trick. Boring, I know! I’m freakishly good at memorizing numbers. I know my credit card, health care, social insurance, banking, Air Miles numbers (and more)…and I can still remember all of the produce codes from when I used to be a cashier at a grocery store!
11. Are you a really clean or super messy person?
Really clean. For sure! I can’t stand clutter and being really messy, it gives me anxiety!
My 11 questions for YOU (yes you, please take the challenge and play!) are:
- How did you choose your first child’s name? (If you don’t have any kids yet, what do you want to name your first born?)
- If money wasn’t an option, where would you love to live?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done?
- What catch-phrases annoy you?
- Do you have any phobias?
- What’s the best concert you’ve ever been to?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- High school – loved it? Or hated it?
- Do you have a funny auto correct story to share?
- If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
- What is the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
If you decide to play along please come back, comment, and leave me the link!