I decided just to do updates after I’ve completed each level, and now I’m done the 30 Day Shred Level 2! Level 2? I like to call it “No Plank You”! If you’ve done the 30 Day Shred, you know exactly what I mean! It seems almost half of the work out routine is spent in plank position. If you aren’t familiar with what plank position is, it’s this:
Technically that’s an extended plank. It hurts my wrists and shoulders just looking at her! So here’s my summary of Level 2
- It’s a very fast and intense work out – it literally just flies by and there’s hardly a moment’s rest
- I really felt this work out improving my shoulder and upper body strength
- I feel like my arms are starting to really show definition – I have biceps, people!
- I started out mostly doing the modified versions of everything…but I knew I needed to push myself so I do all the cardio advanced and go lower in my squats now
- I found Jillian very annoying in this segment, I tolerated her much better in Level 1
- I do not like the last ab move, it hurt my back with that twisting motion and I can’t feel it in my abs…don’t know if I’m doing it wrong?
- Speaking of back, about 1/2 way through Level 2 I had about a day of mid-back pain. I have a history of many many back injuries, but I think it was one of those things where it had to get worse before it got better
If I can be honest with you…I started losing gusto at Day 15. It is getting super boring doing the same thing every day, and honestly the only reason why I’m still doing it is because it’s only a 25 minute work out and I committed to doing it for 30 days. After the 30 days, I have bought 2 other work out DVD’s that I’m going to use and probably drop my work outs to 3-4 times per week. There have been days where I was run off my ass exhausted all day, but then still worked out in the evening after the kids went to bed. That is supposed to be MY time, and quite honestly I don’t want to “waste” it working out. When I get into a normal routine I won’t be working out on days like those! But, I am super proud of myself for sticking with this and only taking 1 designated rest day per week! (But I did have to take an extra day off this week as I only had 3 hours of broken sleep one night with Ethan being upset and I was headachy and nauseated all day and not up for exercising.
I have to say, I’m frustrated with my “muffin top” still. I know I’m only 20 days into a work out routine and I don’t expect a 6 pack…but it feels like the muffin is lingering. I see other people’s 30DS before and afters and they DO have 6 packs. Maybe they’re doing extra cardio on top of their Shreds? Me? I’m not…I don’t think I mentioned that before. Oh well, I’ll just keep at it!
I tried to add Shakeology to my daily routine, but Ethan did not respond well to it, it made him terribly upset all night (read: 3 hours of broken sleep for mama!) so the health benefits for me are not worth my baby feeling ill! Mommy fail, but lesson learned!
Can I also say, not to sound completely cliche, that if I can do it…so can you? Just commit yourself to 30 days. It’s only 30 days. It’s 25 minutes a day. If you have kids, get up early before them, do it during nap time (I do it during Ethan’s afternoon nap, Braden exercises with me!), or do it when the kids are in bed. If I can do it with an almost 3 year old and a 3 month old, so can you – no excuses! I hosted a LEGO DUPLO party all afternoon with a house full of loud children…I still got my work out in that evening even though I was exhausted! I’m getting about 7ish hours of broken sleep every night and I’m STILL doing it – no excuses!
Onto Level 3! And here’s my progression pics…I deleted the profile on Day 15…oops! You can read my 30 Day Shred Level 1 post here.
Latest posts by Sarah Schultz (see all)
- Let’s Learn the Facts About Honey Bees, Not Fiction - May 23, 2017
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Tangy Pulled Pork - May 19, 2017
- Jonathan’s Cake Smash & 1 Year Photos - May 17, 2017