- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (~1 medium lemon)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
- In your stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add vanilla, egg, lemon zest and lemon juice and whip. Scrape sides as needed.
- Stir in salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour until just combined; again scraping sides and mixing as needed.
- Pour powdered sugar into a pie plate and roll a ball of cookie dough (I use a cookie scoop) in the powdered sugar and then place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms are barely starting to brown and cookies look matte (not melted or shiny looking).
- Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
I doubled the recipe and still got about 3 dozen cookies. If you do double the recipe it works out to use the zest and juice of 1 medium lemon.
Recipe adapted from LDS Living.
I hope you enjoy, everyone in my family who tried them loved them!