Looking for an AWESOME appy to make next time you have company over? Heck, I’d even make this just for me and my husband. Every time I’ve made this it’s gotten rave reviews, I usually make it around the holidays so I thought it needed to be shared. There’s a printable recipe below.
I really like to do the bulk of the work for this recipe the day before and stick the tomato mixture in the fridge. I find when it’s cooled down it’s easier to scoop onto the baguettes too. Be sure to eat these fresh out of the oven once they’ve cooled off a bit, that’s when they’re the tastiest!
- 1 baguette
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups medium tomatoes, seeded & diced fine
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- (you can add olives too, but I don't like them!)
- Mix ingredients together
- Slice baguette into rounds and lightly butter
- Scoop bruschetta mixture onto bread slices
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350.
- Make the mixture the night before and refrigerate to save some time
- Can substitute mozza cheese for any cheese micture,I had to use a bag of shredded white/orange cheddar at Christmas this year and it was still delicious!
- Eat them fresh out of the oven for optimum deliciousness!
I hope you enjoy, let me know if you do!
Latest posts by Sarah Schultz (see all)
- I’m a Nurse and I Don’t Like Giving You Health Advice - February 13, 2019
- Potty Training the Last Child - January 23, 2019
- Curly Girl Method | 1 Month Update - December 25, 2018